Home Forums TaG Early leopard power pack

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Lockett
      Participant

Can anybody help me with info on the early leopard power pack rebuilds that I’ve heard russel does? I tried the email link on the webpage and it didn’t work :-(
      I think I need one. I’ve tried everything else
      Thanks

Ric mcDade
      Participant

Mark, explain what it is doing, to make you think it needs rebuilt

Mark Lockett
      Participant

I even changed out the green button from another box in case it was just a switch issue

Ric mcDade
      Participant

What is it doing or not doing?? How is it acting?? What is the problem with it?

Mark Lockett
      Participant

Hit the start button and nothing. Or at best a buzzing sound from the starter like its struggling for juice. I can hook up a battery charger with “engine start” mode and make it crank but I get no spark and it kills my batteries

Ric mcDade
      Participant

Will it start with an external starter, and run?

Mark Lockett
      Participant

Are we on 2 different posts? Lol
      I don’t know. I went to the track on Friday to try and start it and their starter is broke. Anyone else I know with one lives too far away to be handy

Ric mcDade
      Participant

Yea I screwed up and got on other post. Make sure your ground is good, harness to coil, and coil to engine. I think your starter relay is bad, and it’s fixable. If Russell’s doesn’t do it, and I think they do, let me know. Your sure no one around there has a right hand starter? You can always text Me at 4174960428

Mark Lockett
      Participant

Other than the one at the track I don’t. People I run into at various tracks have them sometimes but no one close enough I could call. After all this is said and done ill buy my own. My grounds have never been so pristine lol

Samir Shah
      Participant

Do you know someone else with the same engine? How about installing your engine on another kart, to make sure the base engine is working. It takes less than 20 mins to swap out an engine, especially if you don’t hook up the exhaust  or the chain and don’t align it. Just remove the chain cover from the other engine, and put it on yours (so use his coil), bolt it down, and plug in the stator and starter. All you want is water in the system, and then see if it cranks and starts. Shut it down right away if it starts since the water pump wont be working.

I can’t help you debug components since I don’t know enough about the system yet, but I just converted a Leopard push button engine to key start (so it can be a backup engine and plug and play into my current key start harness), and have the entire old harness, relays, powerpack, coil, stator etc for the old style engine.  I was going to put it all up on ebay for sale.

Samir.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.