Home Forums General Karting Discussion Custom Suits: K1 or ONE Race Gear?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Kerry Matthews 5 years ago.

• Author

Dustin McGrew
    Participant

I’m looking for opinions on who you guys think the better suit manufacturer is? K1 is almost half the price and they do embroidery. I believe the ONE suits are all sublimated. I like that the ONE suits are made in the US though. Has anyone had any experience with both K1 and ONE?

Stephen Huelsman
    Participant

I cant speak for ONE, but my team has used K1 for our suits and crew shirts.  The suits are amazing and Richard at K1 is great to work with.  They are embroidered and look great and are really comfortable.  We also got crew shirts from them that are sublimated and they are great as well.

Kerry Matthews
    Participant

I too have experience with K1 kart suits.  Their quality has improved quite a bit the last couple of years, and their suits are comfortable to wear ALL DAY.  Sorry, no experience with ONE suits.

Howie Idelson
    Participant

One has them all beat. Very modern and technical patterns, best quality sublimation – K 1 stuff looks antiquated next to the One suits.

Jim Russell, Jr
    Participant

I have used both.

One is the better product.

The material holds up a lot better in the rib area. The colors are much more vibrant. Production time is less. Fit is better on my body.

K1 is a lot less expensive though.

For me the holes worn in the ribs in two races was a no brainer to pick the One suit.

Dustin McGrew
    Participant

Great info, Jim. Thanks everyone :) Pretty sure I’ll be going with One.

Stewart Willis
    Participant

Howie’s kid has a bad a$$ suit. It is very well fitted.   I believe it is sublimated.     I truly think that a lot of the sublimated suits look bad and poorly fit, as do some of the cheap “Custom” suits.

Freem produced my son’s suit.  It was designed by Cliff at Pure Karting.   It fits beautifully and (I know I am biased) it is the best looking suit I have seen..  But, it was pretty pricy for all  of the embroidery.  You can buy 3-4 K1 suits for the same price.

jeff grose
    Participant

K1 for us, we order a custom suit,it fit like a glove

TJ Koyen

ONE gets my nod too. Have had 3 of their suits and been totally happy with each one. The fit has been spot on every time, the material is super nice (especially the new Polygloss stuff), and the colors are vibrant and don’t fade.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Stacey Cook
    Participant

K1 is one of our Team Sponsors however Richard has gone over and beyond to get the quality and service as good as anyone. Our new suits  have been terrific and our drivers have been very happy. Several have gone 2 seasons now on the same suit and the coolmax liner is awesome!

Colm O’Higgins
    Participant

Axcel is my sponsor and manufacturer of Custom racesuits for karting.  The fit is perfect!.  The Customer Service is exceptional.  And they are located in New Jersey.

General Manager Brian Burley pays personal attention to every detail.  Wore mine the 1st time at the 2013 LS500 race in Denton, Texas and got a few nice comments.  Race Director/Promoter Rob Miller said “I like that suit”

My friend Donna Vitan in Toronto did the custom graphics layout…thanks to her!

Axcel is on Facebook too.  See their products there.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

The question you have to ask yourself is which one would you rather go skidding down the track with.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Dustin McGrew
    Participant

The question you have to ask yourself is which one would you rather go skidding down the track with. Gif

Yeah.. I can’t answer that though :) Anyone have any experience skidding down the track with a K1 or ONE suit? lol

TJ Koyen

I had the bottom of my seat bust out and my butt dragged a bit on the track for 3 laps this year at a race and the ONE suit held up fine.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Jim Russell, Jr
    Participant

A team member got tossed on his noggin at Vegas in the ONE suit. A few scuffs but was fine. A few years ago another team member tossed on track in K1 suit. It was fine also. So both seem to hold up to minor track tumbles.

Kerry Matthews
    Participant

I flipped my Stock Honda last year and landed on my head/right shoulder.  Did a complete spin while upside down.  Wasted my Arai GP6 and Leatt neck brace.  I also wore through the back of my K1 suit and partially through the shoulder strap of my Ribtech vest, but all of my equipment did the job.  I had no abrasions or serious injuries.

Steven Kilsdonk
    Participant

+1 for One here as well.  Great fit, and the colors are fantastic; while my friend had to try many samples to get the right neon red embroidery to match the team colors, One matched it perfect straight away.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/65066_4268566794469_24870372_n.jpg

The great thing about supplemation is you can do whatever fancy color fades that Adobe Illustrator will allow you to dream up and have it reproduced on the suit, where embroidery is rather limited in what it can accomodate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.