Home Forums Tech Talk CRG- converting ven99 to ven05

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nicholas Bushnell 6 days, 13 hours ago.

• Author

Nicholas Bushnell
    Participant

Have a out dated 08? CRG KT1 chassis with ven99 brakes. I’ve rebuilt the master and caliper, bleed with the proper tools and fluid but the system just sucks for TAG senior, its just to over worked for such class. So forward on.
    I recently acquired a complete 2014 CRG KT1 besides the frame. I was hoping to incorporate the ven 05 brakes onto my chassis but quickly realized the cassettes are 4 bolt not 3 like my frame. Considering the caliper bracket bolts to the cassette and i cant use the 4 bolt cassette i think im screwed. So now after a little more searching i see the Ven04 uses a bracket that appears to bolt to 3 bolt OR 4 bolt cassettes depending on the bracket. Im wondering can i get the ven04 caliper bracket and ven04 bearing cassette spacer and finally be able to bolt it all up?

If anybody has ven04 stuff id very much appreciate if i could get certain dimensions on the caliper bracket and cassette spacer holes. The only reason im trying to do this and not buy a new frame for the newer crg parts i acquired is because i simply do not have the money nor feel its worth it to spend $2,200+ on a new frame when im not going to be a front runner for awhile (im running a my09 leopard as it is compared to the x30 people until i can really be competitive)

Nicholas Bushnell
    Participant

After asking a million people about their ven04 caliper mounting hole spacing i been told its 80mm which the ven05 is as well if im not mistaken. I ordered the ven04 caliper bracket made for 3 hole cassettes…. I will report back once it arrives and let everyone know if things will bolt up. Granted i still need the ven04 cassette spacer but wont order that until the know the bracket is correct.

Nicholas Bushnell
    Participant

Comet kart sales has updated me. They do not have the ven04 caliper bracket in stock and is no longer made. I guess i’ll keep searching. Also did find someone selling 3 newer frames made for all the parts i acquired. Seller is on vacation and will find out final prices later on. Maybe just end up having to update my chassis sooner than i expected.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.