Home Forums Shifter Karts CR125 clutch lever mechanism?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      nigel cooper
      Participant

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it

Again,the picture on the metal-matrix website clearly shows a spring. I am really confused.Hope someone can help.

Steve Laymon
      Participant

I believe the 92 through 96 models called for a Spring and a Thrust washer which rides next to the seal.  I think it can be used in all years if you prefer.

Steve Laymon

nigel cooper
      Participant

Thanks Steve for the quick reply.I checked it out like you wrote and sure enough,on a 1996 part diagram they show the spring and washer!!Hurray,back to Honda tomorrow to order the parts.I want a spring on my engine.

thanks again

EKN
      Keymaster

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

TEST

EKN
      Keymaster
      TEST 2

nigel cooper wrote: Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

EKN
      Keymaster
      TEST 2

nigel cooper wrote: Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it.

EKN
      Keymaster

Have a strange situation with the clutch actuator lever.(The linkage that the cable attaches to).On the web page “How to build a Stock Moto Engine” there is a picture in the Bottom End Reassembly section showing a spring on the lever holding it down,yet the Honda dealer shows no spring,and the replacement lever from Honda does not have a spring included with it
      Again,the picture on the metal-matrix website clearly shows a spring. I am really confused.Hope someone can help.

TEST 3

EKN
      Keymaster

ekartingnews

TEST 4- hyperlink

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.