Home Forums General Karting Discussion CIK FIA complete regulations for cadet (Mini 60)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Cole 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Harrington
    Participant

I’ve tried going through the CIK FIA website but cannot find any sporting or technical regulations for mini 60 racing (60cc aircooled engines from Vortex, IAME, LKE).

There are lots for KF and KZ racing, but none for cadets. Even then the KF and KZ rules are incomplete.

Does anyone know where I can find the complete regulations for cadet racing (mini 60) but also for KF and KZ? As in the master rulebook for each? Thanks.

David Cole
    Keymaster

As far as I know, 60 Mini is not recognized by CIK-FIA. The racing in Europe in that category is done by the Country’s ASN program.

Here is a link to their regulations that they have: HERE

What are you trying to find?

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Chad Harrington
    Participant

Thanks David, I’m looking for the detailed technical regulation but cannot find it.  Even on the WSK and CSAI sites.

When cadets have to carry a lot of ballast, is it normal to force all of it to be bolted to the seat? Or can it go to other places like the front or side of the frame, as long as it is all bolted down very securely?  Some cadets have as much as 45 lbs of ballast and there’s almost no place to put it, the seat becomes very overloaded and on a bumpy track the bolt holes get worn and the area around the bolt holes gets weakened from all the vibration of these heavy weights.  The seat wears out very fast and starts to crack.

We need to convince my ASN that it is safer to distribute the ballast a bit better, but they keep saying no and referring us to the CIK master regulations without providing us the document or .  But I cannot find any master regulations for cadet racing or Mini 60 racing!!

Can anyone help?

David Cole
    Keymaster

Chad, your from Indy correct?

Your ASN is World Karting Association. Or, if you race another series, it would be the rules from that program. CIK/WSK rules do not apply to races here in the United States.

Regarding weights, you are permitted to mount them anywhere on the chassis, from what I know. Some even put ballast inside the chassis frame.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.