Home Forums Shifter Karts Cheap Ebay radiators. anyone try one?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Kaneb 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

brian heaton
    Participant

My radiator is toast, came across those radiators on Ebay. Was wondering if anyone ran one or heard anything about them?

I can tig weld pretty good, and have no problem welding up a pinhole size leak or to reposition mounting tabs.

I do not race competively , so please no China bashing .

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Do you have a link to them that you can post?

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

If its like the ones that come up in an ebay search for “kart radiator” (they all look pretty much alike), then I can tell you that I’ve used one of these before to race Tag.  It worked fine, but you can pretty much assume that you will break one or more of the mounting tabs off on the first weekend.  Once you accept that, and reinforce all the tabs (ahead of time), it actually cools just fine.  Some of the series we race have a tendency to destroy radiators, because the drivers don’t know where the brakes are.  So, a cheapo radiator that works, can be a money saver.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

John DeSantis
    Participant

I bough 1 and installed it and have used it for a race weekend and a practice weekend without issue.  Looking it the construction it looks very well made.

I replaced a very thin unit on my cr125 stock moto and it runs cooler.  Overall I am impressed.

Chris Barrington
    Participant

Ive done four track days with one, hitting 140 degree water temps. No issues.

CR125R

Chris Barrington
    Participant

I should clarify, I hit 140 with four strips of tape on it. I run low 130s at 90 ambient with no tape at full chat

Kasra Ajir
    Participant

Hey guys – can you recommend which Ebay one you purchased?  I just bought my first shifter and am using a maxter motor and need to get a radiator!

thanks!

Sanford Mitz
    Participant

Chris Barrington
    Participant

Mine is item #201154184113. Hopefully you can still look it up.

Patrick Beamish
    Participant

Still in the market? I just posted one up for sale on here in the “parts” area… Brand new large Spike radiator with mounting kit.

Charles Kaneb
    Participant

I used the radiator from a 1998 Honda Civic until it got banned for impeding the vision of drivers behind me. If your local track will let you use it, Autozone sells it for about $60. Some brands are American-made. It sits on two rubber bushings and you’ll have to fabricate a mount of foam, wood, or Lexan and fiberglass to accomodate it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.