Home Forums Road Racing Chain Oiler

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      RW Jan
      Participant

Wondering what others are using as a chain oiler? Did you make yours or where can you purchase one for karting?

I recently started running some road races and need to do something with the chain as I’m tearing up sprockets and wearing chains out.

Wade

RW Jan
      Participant

I’m running a tag with a 219 chain

tony zambos
      Participant

We ran 219 chain with a Rotax. On certain tracks the chain would be completely dry at the end of the race. If we would have run another road race season, I think I’d have put one on.
      Try contacting L.A.D. Specialties, 708-430-1588. They have made them for their karts. In the long run, believe that using an oiler will save you $$ by using chain saw oil as opposed to the expensive stuff in a spray can. The trick to using one is getting the flow rate right and on the chain. Also consult with the organizations and tracks you’re involved with to see if an oiler is allowed.

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Clark Gaynor Sr.
      Participant

I honestly haven’t seen a chain oiler in years.  What we use on our X30 in road racing is “RK, O-ring chain” and “Xeramic Synthetic Chain Spray”.  Holds up very well, but you WILL wear chains and sprockets out no matter what you use.  Also check your alignment, and oil the chain after EVERY track session.

Clark Sr.

RW Jan
      Participant

Thanks for your input you guys

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.