Home Forums Shifter Karts Bog in left hand turns- flywheel?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vernon Head
      Participant

Can the flywheel rub enough against the seat to make the kart bog on left hand turns? I see evidence of some rubbing, but not a lot. The flywheel is now “shiny” right where the seat would contact it.

Charles Skowron
      Participant

Sounds more like a classic case of a pinched fuel line, that gets further pinched when you make a left turn.

————————–

C. Skowron

Vernon Head
      Participant

Already checked for pinched fuel line.

Cory-Milne
      Participant

float height is to lean your kart is starving of fuel on left hand turns. always run stock float height and jet around it

Vernon Head
      Participant

I am already running stock float height. And it doesn’t happen on right turns. I’m sure it could be lots of other things. I just wanted to get a ruling on the rubbing flywheel.

Scott Newton
      Participant

My flywheel was rubbing enough on the seat that it wore a hole through the seat, through my suit, and through my hip in a few laps…. but never bogged down. My first clue something was up on track was when it felt like my seat was pinching me – came in to explore, only to find the carnage.

Seat now has a thin piece of aluminum in the right spot – and it still doesn’t bog.

tl;dr – you need to look elsewhere.

Vernon Head
      Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.