Home Forums General Karting Discussion best chain and sprockets available

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Gaynor Sr. 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Jim Silverheels
    Participant

Recommendation for the best 219 chain and sprockets? thanks

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

We road race an X30, so durability is number one.

We use “Extron Composite” sprockets.  Or Horstmans or whatever if we don’t have the “plastic” ones.  They wear well and don’t seem to get hot.  Also “RK Blue O-Ring” chain.  Same deal, holds the lub. really well.  Again with road racing, the chain lub has to last a 30 minute race.  So we use “Xeramic Ceramic Synthetic Chain Spray”.  After 30 minutes it’s still nice and wet.

I suppose whatever is the best stuff you can get.  We clean the chains and sprockets each day of an event with WD40 and a rag, then re-lub.  Messy, but it works for us.

Clark Gaynor Sr.

Ronald Swift
    Participant

Why run an O-Ring chain seems like unnecessary loss with the O-Ring Friction.

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

We road race, so everything has to go 30 minutes between lubs.  O-ring chains seem to live through that better.  No other reason.

Ronald Swift
    Participant

I gotcha, I run non O-Ring in my sprint karts which are 420cc Predator Motors on 35 chain and run endurance events usually 2+ hours in 206 class  also on 35 chain without issue. I didn’t know if it was a 219 specific need or not.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Ronald Swift.

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

219 is just a higher quality chain in general.  Also the X30 makes about 32 HP which doesn’t help.  We also road race 206’s, where we use good quality 35 chain.  It never gets hot or requires more then a tiny bit of lub…unlike the X30!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.