Home Forums General Karting Discussion Aftermarket brake pads?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

There’s a huge difference in cost between these and the OEM pads. Is it safe to assume there’s a huge difference in performance and you get what you pay for?

Any input is appteciated.

Darren

Gary Lawson
      Participant

If you’re referring to otk vs aftermarket (ferrodo?) then no, there’s no difference in performance. Otk is just very proud of their stuff.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In this case, yes, I’m referring to OTK but we also have a CRG where the same question applies.  Thanks for the response.

Eric Alexander
      Participant

Darren, I run CRG’s and I prefer the feel and longevity of the Ferodo Kart Attack pads to the OEM.  Note: I’m using steel (not ceramic) disks.

Curtis Cooksey
      Participant

At Acceleration we sell both OEM and aftermarket brake pads. The aftermarket and the OEM seem to be similar quality, but sometimes there is a difference in the compound. Make sure that you use the correct brake pads for rotors that aren’t steel, or you will ruin your rotors and pads.

At Acceleration we stock brake pads for all kinds of chassis: http://www.accelerationkarting.com/brakepads.aspx

Robert Brooks
      Participant

Darren, For our OTK karts, we used EBC FA540S brake pads. I’d get them off of ebay from a Kart shop in the UK for $15-$20 a set; yes, a SET.
      My Son raced Rotax Masters and won many National events with these from North Carolina to Sonoma.
      He won’t use anything else.
      Once a day I’d have to hit them with a file as they have a high metal content.
      We used the Green “soft” pads even in the hottest temps and never had an issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the feedback guys!  This is what I was looking for.

Darren

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.