Home Forums Shifter Karts 80cc Suzuki identification and clutch issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Yaeger 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Justin Yaeger
    Participant

Hey there Fellow Karters,

My family has had an 8Occ Suzuki shifter kart for a few years now, we used to start it up once in a while, but now it has been sitting for over 2 years… I am interested in getting into shifter kart racing so I decided to take a look and see what i needed to do to get it running.

-Pulled clutch lever on steering wheel, cable pulled but no disengagement

-unhooked cable to make sure it wasn’t binding, manually turned clutch lever on housing, still could not spin wheels without compression

-can hear clutch and fluid moving when turning lever on housing.

any insight would be fantastic. (clutch cover/case says “suzuki 700ml” on it)

Also, how do i know exactly what engine it has in it? My goals are to get it running first, then up to WKA standards

Thanks all,

Dave Holstein
    Participant

The clutch is probably just fine, it’s normal for a wet clutch to be sticky after setting for any length of time. Run it, it’ll free up.

Changing the trans fluid in it if it’s been sitting that long wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Its most likely a RM80/85

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

I have a RM80 as well, and I called suzuki with the number on the case and they were able to tell me what year it was…Mine’s a 96, but since they’re all basically the same, doesn’t matter too much.

Have fun!

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
    2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Justin Yaeger
    Participant

Thanks so much, i will do that, I’ll let you know how it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.