Home Forums Chassis & Handling 32mm vs 30 or 31mm for hpv class

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      randy ricklefs
      Participant

has anyone had experience with both these chassis for hpv class if so which you like better it seems every ones running 30-31mm becouse of the low horsepower of a hpv more flex in chassis resolting in better handling  i have a 08 birel r32 now, this is my first kart i weigh about 180 i’ll be running at the so-cal tracks can i tune the 32 to handle fine ?

Tim Koyen
      Participant

Although I’m sure there are people running a 32mm in a HPV class, it doesn’t seem optimal.  If its what you have, then I could see it, but if I were buying a chassis for that class, it definitely wouldn’t be 32mm unless the class weight was really high.

KartLift Kart Stands
      DeepSeat Kart Seats
      877-777-8020
      ------------------
      Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

randy ricklefs
      Participant

i went out to grange, this saturday to watch the f100 karters race every body is running kpv talked to two guys running 32mm they seid they were fine and they were running in the top 5 one guy told me he had a 32mm sold it got a 30mm now he has a 31mm his times never changed and couldnt feel the differance i watch every body in the turns some guys rear wheels were lifting like 2 inch and it seemed like the chassis was binding just before the wheel sat down again the 32 chassis sometimes would do a little bit of a controlled drift shortly after the apex only some times and actully to me looked smoother so i feel better about my 32mm im going to run it and hope for the best

Tim Koyen
      Participant

I’m sure you’ll be fine Randy.  With higher weights, I could definitely see the 32 working just fine.

KartLift Kart Stands
      DeepSeat Kart Seats
      877-777-8020
      ------------------
      Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.