Home Forums Road Racing 2017 KART Enduro National Championships Sep. 30 thru Oct 1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Baldus 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Hope to see everyone @ Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. It should be fun.
    Schedule, entry form and all other pertinent info is @ kart.org.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Taylor Everhart
    Participant

We are really looking forward to this event, always a good turnout and great racing at a fun and technical track. Come visit us in the pits, I am bringing several items to get rid of including (2) Yamaha KT100 engines, a near new set of Bridgestone sprint rain tires, an almost complete pre-09 Leopard engine kit, a complete Magura front brake set-up and of course plenty of Rev-Clean Racing Castor. We will most likely have more items for sale, shoot me a message if you want something reserved or want more information. I might bring a complete Margay laydown kart w/(2) Komet K71 engines if I have room for it. See everyone at the races!

Everhart & Sons Racing

David Moffitt
    Participant

Best wishes to KART and all its competitors for a safe and successful event.  Unfortunately, I will miss this year’s event due to a schedule conflict. However, I will be supporting the race through a class sponsorship.

KART is a great organization that IMHO “gets it” when it comes to the original mission of the sport. Those who can should support this race– great racing at a challenging venue.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Will miss seeing you David, and thanks for your sponsorship. Are you off somewhere exciting?

We’re packed and just need to hook the trailer up. Also have the Apple Pie made.

Why didn’t someone tell me I have the wrong dates in the heading? That’s Sept. 29 thru Oct. 1.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

David Moffitt
      Participant

Hi, Linda.  I’ll be missing all of y’all and, most especially, the apple pie– yum!

Just got back from a month-long trip to several national parks in Utah, Colorado and Wyoming– the snow chased me out of Yellowstone.  Had some commitments in San Antonio this week that kept me from heading out again.

Looks like the weather gods are cooperating better this year than at prior Nationals.  Looking forward to your post-race report.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

What an event! We are pretty sure this is the biggest KART Enduro National Championships ever.  And there are a lot of folks that we need to say THANKS to, starting with the Race Director and KART President Jim Edgington. And if he wasn’t the one doing it, he at least picked the people that were.

Thanks to Connie and the group @ Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. We love “getting up with the chickens” @ HMRC. Good job.

Everyone that handled tech, both post and pre: Roger, Jackie, Chris, Ted, even my hubby teched a few karts when it got heavy.

And how about those ladies that put that Awards’ feast together and cooked it: Janie Stroud Proctor, Cheryl Stroud Baldus and Jennifer Edens Henry, you are “The Gals”.

And of course, Maysha and her girls. What would we do without them? Maysha is our contact to the people.

Thanks to everyone that sponsored a class to help offset some of the expense of racing at a professional race course.

And yes, David, the weather God. And Wally Wallen would have been having a ball at this event.

But most of all, Thanks to all of the racers that participated in it. Thanks to everyone from NTK, West Texas Karters, Rodney and his bunch @ Champion Kart, Josh and Praga Racing, and our MARRS’ bunch. There was some furious racing in some of the classes, especially those LO 206 races and the Stock Honda races were such fun to watch. In fact the LO 206s were so much fun I know of at least 2 old guys thinking of putting one together for themselves over the winter.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did and made some new friends. Because above all, karting is about the camaraderie.

I hate to have to end this on a very sad note, but unfortunately there was a non-racing tragedy, as events with this many people involved sometimes do have. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Randy Rainer of New Braunfels. He passed away doing something he loved, watching a kart race.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.