Home Forums General Karting Discussion 2014 SKUSA Pro Tour Summernationals STREET RACE!!?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Alan Michel
      Participant

looks like a done deal!

IMO, it would be awesome!

some articles found online:

http://www.modestopress.com/superkarts-usa-to-bring-pro-tour-summernationals-to-downtown-modesto/4329/

http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/24/2939799/modesto-officials-give-green-light.html

http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/05/2904436/karts-to-bring-modesto-cash.html
      <h1 class=”entry-title”>Superkarts! USA to Bring Pro Tour SummerNationals to Downtown Modesto</h1>
      <span style=”font-size: small;”>The City of Modesto and Superkarts! USA (SKUSA) are pleased to announce that they are teaming up to bring the SKUSA Pro Tour SummerNationals to downtown Modesto on August 1-3, 2014.  The SummerNationals will attract drivers from around the world and will feature shifter karts that could exceed 100 miles per hour, with 0-60 MPH achievable in less than 4 seconds.  The SummerNationals is part of SKUSA’s National Pro Tour karting series, which includes two other major events:  the SpringNationals in April (location to be determined) and the Las Vegas SuperNationals in November, which is the largest karting event in the world with over 600 divers from all walks of life.  The SuperNationals routinely sees drivers from the ranks of Formula 1, Indy Car and NASCAR.</span>

<span style=”font-size: small;”>“We are excited to bring the SummerNationals to Modesto,” said Tom Kutscher, SKUSA CEO.  “This will be the first time we’ve visited Modesto, and we’re cooking up something special as we love the downtown atmosphere. We are looking forward to bringing professional kart racing to Modesto.” </span>

<span style=”font-size: small;”>“Modesto is looking forward to the SKUSA SummerNationals with open arms and lots of excitement,” said Julie Hannon, Director of the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhoods Department.  “We have a strong history of hosting world-class events, and this one will be no different – we know that Modesto folks are the best and expect them to come out in droves just like AMGEN!”</span>

<span style=”font-size: small;”>Twelve-hundred drivers, teams and staff are expected to participate in the three-day event – in addition to an estimated 10,000 visitors.  This event is sure to be an economic boost to the Modesto community.</span>

<span style=”font-size: small;”>As the Modesto City Council approved the event at its September 24th meeting, City staff is now authorized to begin planning the event with SKUSA.  A press conference will be held in late October or early November to announce the route, event details, title sponsor and much more.  Details regarding the press conference will be released once the event logistics are finalized.</span>

Alan Michel
      Participant

anyone knows if this is confirmed?   what about the SpringNationals venue?  any ‘educated’ guesses?

thoughts….

Stewart Willis
      Participant

Sounds AWESOME!!   I think that it is neat to see a group realize the financial impact of these races.

Pro Tour is unbelievable…

Now, where are the Spring Nats going to be??   I Vote for Phoenix!!!  We have one of the greatest facilities in America that can handle any size race that you give us.   Give us a second chance Tom!

Rob Miller
      Participant

It’s a done deal and it will be an amazing race.

Rob Howden
      Keymaster

Stay tuned. An official SKUSA release will be coming today.

I’ve spoken with Tom and this is going to be a big deal, and a great opportunity to promote karting in NorCal.

Rob Howden - eKartingNews.com Publisher / Editor - @RobHowden

Tim Koyen
      Participant

Now that the SummerNational is waaaay west, sure would be nice to have the SpringNationals waaaay east…  How about New Castle, IN?!  You’re not going to expect me drive 2000 miles each way 3 times are you?  If so, you’re expecting too much. :)

KartLift Kart Stands
      DeepSeat Kart Seats
      877-777-8020
      ------------------
      Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Stewart Willis
      Participant

Tim,

I am a man of leisure.  Phoenix sounds better to me.

Alan Michel
      Participant

Tucson Musselman track is awesome, wider, and allows for better racing than PKRA in my opinion. I hope go there again.

Curtis Cooksey
      Participant

Summernationals on the Streets of Modesto? Should be interesting and hopefully good for our sport.

Gregg Palmer
      Participant

I will be there with my family to support. Most people have no idea how fast and exciting karts are. This should be a great event.

Stewart Willis
      Participant

I am divided as to whether parking lot races are good for Karting in most situations.  i dont think that it supports the track owners that have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into the infrastructure of their tracks.  However,  SKUSA has done things much differently with their Street races.  These races will draw people into karting that have never seen it before.  The local tracks may benefit more in the long run with this kind of event, as it will draw in fresh drivers into the marketplace.

I am guessing that this will be a tremendous boost to Nor Cal karting.   Hopefully, the shops up north can capture all of the new leads that will inevitably come from this event.

Kudos to The City of Modesto, Tom and SKUSA!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.