Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Kart Packages 2004 PTK Champ Rotax Kart Package PROJECT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #47278
      Colin Gentle

      2004 PTK Champ Rotax Kart Package Project

      Kart Chassis is a 2004 PTK Champ (Same as CRG Kali)

      Frame is straight and clean – mostly used for practice sessions at F1 Outdoors and Oakland Valley

      Rotax Senior FR 125 Cylinder is cracked, due to cold weather storage issue.

      Still has US Passport

      Ribtect size ML seat


      Exhaust Silencer for use at F1 Outdoors

      Prospeed Exhaust Mount

      Many Spares including 2nd set of wheels and kart stand

      Kart has not been run in a few years, and as mentioned above has cracked cylinder.  Needs refresh and clean up.  For certain, cylinder will need to be replaced or welded, and will need new battery.  I would assume even if the motor is refreshed, it may not be competitive relative to the newer Rotax motors.   So is this a TAG package?  Perhaps you sell the other Rotax motor for parts and go with a different motor?  The options are endless LOL.

      Looking for $1300 OBO.

      Kart is located in Beacon, NY – local pickup please.

      If you are a local tuner and can refresh this kart for a few hundred dollars, I may be interested in a quote and may want to keep this!

      PM or feel free to connect: colingentle at hotmail dot com




    • #47287
      Samir Shah

      How many hours on the engine? Can it be converted to Junior and still be legal under current rules? (I don’t know much about Rotax).

      Can anyone put on a JR cylinder, or does it need to be done by a Rotax certified shop – ie is the seal on the bottom end or top end?

    • #47291
      Colin Gentle

      Hi Samir.  I would have to estimate somewhere around 20 hours.  I have to be honest – I am not familiar with the differences between the Senior and Junior motors.  Regardless, if you’re intending to disassemble the motor, and still want to be legal for Rotax Max events, it has to be done by a certified shop.  Otherwise, you would be running in a less strict TAG class.  The other option may be to buy a legal Rotax Junior motor, and either sell the motor that’s on the kart for parts, or repair it for eventual practice or TAG use.  FYI – The only certified shop I know of that’s relatively close by is the OVRP shop.

      I’d love to fix it, but baby and house priorities overrule kart tinkering….for now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.