Home › Forums › Series / Club / Event Information › Texas 500 Kart Endurance Race › Reply To: Texas 500 Kart Endurance Race
The first annual Texas 500 Kart Endurance Race is now in the books.
Thank you North Texas Karters for a great facility and great staff to work with. Your support of our events makes them possible.
Here are a few quick facts about the race:
1. 0 tire failures in 500 laps for 4 different classes of karts: Shifter, TAG, Yamaha and Chonda
The MG HZ tires had life left in them after the race.
That is a big compliment to MG for a great product and to the drivers for great tire management. The fastest lap of the race was set in lap 492.
2. 0 crashes because of contact. This is a huge compliment to the very talented drivers who drove this race. The drove respectfully and fast. The race lasted nearly 6 hours.
3. 0 red flags
4. 2/3 of the field completed the race
5. Nick Lucido returned to kart racing after a sabbatical for college.
6. Mitch McKie stood on the top spot of the podium for two classes driving 230 laps between the two.
7. Mike Finley came out of retirement yet again for a LSGP event.
8. The Shelby Automotive Technology Team pulled off a podium finish in their first official racing event.
9. Racers raced on both a dry and moist track because of a brief shower late in the race.
Finally, thank you to all of the partners who provided prizes for our racers: MG Tires, Core Karting, RPM Motorsports, VP Racing Fuel, Power Plus Synthetic Lubricants, and others.