Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing Swapping Kid Kart Cylinder Reply To: Swapping Kid Kart Cylinder

Matt Overbeck

The short answer is yes, you can swap the head without changing the piston as long as you are switching an “B” head with a “B” head. It would be a good time to replace the top ring while you have the head off. As far as your compression and port heigth, there is no way of knowing for sure without checking it. You can certainly just swap the head and the engine will run just fine, but you may not be legal.