Home Forums Road Racing Circuit of the Americas 2014 Reply To: Circuit of the Americas 2014

bduggleby
Participant

I’ve been doing some more thinking about this race and I may not be able to attend. This is solely because of the date. We’re slated from July 12th to July 13th. Not wanting to sound like someone who is necessarily fussed with this because I can’t make it on this date, I wanted to know if the date is truly set in stone? Lots of people plan to go on summer vacation aside from karting, and I don’t think some of you know how truly scorching it gets in July and August. Truly, an average day in June is about 100 degrees and no rest from the sun.

I hope you can consider making a date change, it would make it easier on most of us, I think, as far as weather and other things concerned. Early June, like the 7-8, would be optimal, IMO.

Also, I just finished the new, easy-format entry list on Google Docs.

Again, I want to reiterate that I don’t demand a date change just to follow my schedule. My only point is this: the weather will be more pleasant and less people are likely to travel on summer vacation in early June. I just think it would be better for the event, that’s all… :)