Home Forums Road Racing Circuit of the Americas 2014 Reply To: Circuit of the Americas 2014

bduggleby
Participant

So, a kart race at COTA is, in fact, happening. That’s great news! I still don’t have a kart but expect one Stock Honda entry from the DFW area! :D

Also, there are tons of Stock Honda racers, sprint racers by profession, who might be willing to do a road race just this once. Next time I’m at a TX Prokart Challenge race, I’ll spread the word.

EDIT #1:

Also, a few questions…

A: Who (or whom) is/are officially organizing this event?
B: Is it going to be affiliated with IKF?
C: Is it another USKGP?
D: What track layout is going to be used? The 2.2 mile short course is the only variation I can think of other than the original 3.4 mile course.
E: Is the date set? Because I’d say that July 12-13th could easily be one of the hottest times of the year in one of the hottest places in North America. It isn’t as consistently hot in June or late September.

Here’s a quote from Wikipedia regarding the Austin heat…

Austin has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen: Cfa), characterized by hot summers and mild winters. Austin is usually at least partially sunny, receiving nearly 2650 hours, or 60.3% of the possible total, of bright sunshine per year.

Austin summers are usually hot, with average July and August highs in the high-90s °F (34–36 °C). Highs reach 90 °F (32.2 °C) on 116 days per year, and 100 °F (37.8 °C) on 18.[62] The highest recorded temperature was 112 °F (44 °C) occurring on September 5, 2000 and August 28, 2011.

…and a link to Austin climate data, also courtesy of Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin,_Texas#Climate