Home Forums Road Racing Argue or Answer? Reply To: Argue or Answer?

Greg Wright
Participant

Robert,
I’m a little confused by this paragraph, maybe I’m having a senior moment.

You wrote; <strong style=”border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;”>Again<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”>, I’m speaking about</span><strong style=”border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;”> local<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”> RR not big Org stuff. Losing 2 “stick & can” entries is a risk, but we haven’t done anything different historicaly in RR and its still fading. I think your estimate of 20 +/- is inflated, if there were that many in those classes they would have more participation (</span><strong style=”border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;”>localy<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”>) than they do.</span>

What are you trying to say there? I’m really not sure but surely you’re not somehow expecting local participation to fill out the fields. Maybe that’s not what you’re saying at least I hope so. I’m basing that on my experience with the now defunct Indy Kart Club where I was on the board for a few years. After I left the board IKC had a race scheduled at Putnam Park and for a number of reasons it ended up with no sanction and wasn’t part of any series. Even though I was no longer on the board I advised them to not take the financial risk of having a failed event. I was told that they expected local participation to take up the slack. It didn’t and the club went bust.

Of course if that’s not what you’re saying then pay no attention to my last paragraph.

I’m not at all adverse to change but having experienced the challenges of promoting road races makes me want to move very carefully. I agree that bigger, more competitive classes should be more alluring to an outsider but there’s at least an even chance that it won’t and the promoting club gets left with the bill.

This conversation deserves to continue with hopefully more input from other racers, promoters and club officials.

Greg Wright
Rapid Racing Inc.
Vintage B-Stock Pilot
"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."