Home Forums General Karting Discussion What is going on with karting; is the climate shifting or something? Reply To: What is going on with karting; is the climate shifting or something?

Dan Brown
Participant

And on the topic of declining fields and engine popularity, today in Florida SKUSA had to close the x30 Junior field , they can only handle 44 entries in the class and it is full. So I think there are other reason besides engine choices why some areas and series are seeing declining numbers. I can’t speak as to the reasons why, as I have never personally run or attended an event run by one of those series. I can say that we have raced the F Series Gearup and that series numbers keep growing steadily every year. Most of the F Series races last year had 120-150 karts racing at them, and the Formula 125 Leopard only TaG class was always a huge field. So on the east coast if a driver doesn’t want to spend a fortune on an engine or upgrade their Leopard to an X30 there is a well organized touring series to run that has plenty of competition. And I think that is a great thing for karting.