Home Forums Road Racing Track Day Talk Reply To: Track Day Talk

Robert Lawson
Participant
Thanks Bruce!!! (batteries included!!!)  :)

H,

I would LOVE to go deep into this subject and share what I have learned over the past year…. and more over this past week! But, its very political, which means some are going to get their toes stepped on. So, I’ll talk your ear off next Sunday but I won’t post anything here. Well… here is a teaser:

This is from our Brothers in Motorsport, in the UK, read carefully! :

“All involved in the business and organisation of European motorsport need to act NOW to overcome this genuine threat to our own future and that of our employees and sport, from the unintended consequences of action taken by the European Commission (EC).

The Motorsport Industry Association (MIA), along with others including the UK Department for Transport, has been fighting to resolve this issue for more than two years, on behalf of our members and the wider EU motorsport community. Now, with your personal leadership and action, it is possible for us to resolve this, as I fully explain in the documents linked at the top and bottom of the page.

In simple terms, the EC plans to issue a new Motor Insurance Directive, as a result of which all EU Member States must put into their National Law compulsory and unlimited third-party liability insurance to cover personal injury between motorsport competitors and car-to-car damage during any competition – from Formula One, Moto GP, World Rally to karting, historic and grass roots, whether regulated by the FIA or FIM or not.

However such widespread unlimited new insurance is not currently, and, we understand, will not in the future be available – so motorsport will be unable to continue anywhere in the EU. Please read the summary if you wish to fully understand the serious nature of this problem.”

Here is the full write -up: https://www.the-mia.com/Vnuk-Update

Scroll down to the bottom and watch the 2:00 video. With today being the 20th, I wonder what will be the result of this overreach, typical of the EU, and the beast thats been created known as the “Insurance” industry……..

They cant stop us from tearing it up next Sunday though!!!!!

RPM