Home Forums General Karting Discussion The GOAT of Karting Reply To: The GOAT of Karting

James Shiffer
Participant

One name/team I’d like to add for consideration would be Jeff Bartlett and my dad Jim Shiffer. They raced primarily street Races through the 80’s up until 1995 when my dad passed away.  They raced along side many of the names on this list and had quite a bit of success they ran very well at both Quincy races racking up many wins and top 5 finishes. They also ran storm lake,  st. Joe, Nebraska City and many others. They won the IaKA championship in 1989, the miller mile 4 times among countless other wins.

I was 11 years old when my father (Jim) passed away so I didn’t get to see them race as many as I would have wanted to so I’m always looking for more information about their racing history.  They ran the red and white 46 kart under the team name J & J racing. If anyone has any information about their history or where I can find results from races they participated in I’d love to hear from you.  Also if any of you remember these guys or have any stories about them to share I’d also really appreciate it. Please e-mail me at jdshiff46@gmail.com