Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Weight distribution with LO206 Reply To: Weight distribution with LO206

Ronald Salas
Participant

yes david!
don”t offset seat too much because you wont have too… on the 2011 Birel C28 R cadet kart, at the most i offset seat (size small) was two inches (no where near six inches?!?) more than where the permanent seat mounts were… i was able to place all the load on both rails with no overhang of the engine (with the !/2″ thick billet aluminum fully adjustable front to back side to side mount i recommended… about $120 and money well spent!)… you don’t want the engine to overhang due to vibration from the motor and the springboard effect it will have but– you will definitely still require chain/clutch/sprocket clearance since four strokes are inboard driven… the 2013 Birel R30 CY as mentioned before had the seat permanently offset about by (once again) two inches… i had plenty of clearance with about an inch to spare (before clutch touches large size seat)… motor is not dead center on rails but probably overhangs about less than an inch… after all this is done you can now move the seat (with karter in it) or motor front to back to reach a proper balance (as we use to do old school in the 80’s/90″s)… best of luck
ron

nothing better than a day at the races except maybe two!…