Home Forums Road Racing Tires Reply To: Tires


Bruce Peck

Questions were asked and answered here recently about tires:


I think you’ve indicated you’re running at Roebling Road so I believe the WKA class structure would apply.  You can see WKA’s class descriptions here:
There’s Yamaha Med/Hvy for pipeYamaha Sportsman Lt/Med/Hvy for the sportsman can on a stick
Then there’s 100cc Pipe which is all piston ports including K-71, Comer P-51 etc.

If you’re running the AKRA/Dart Kart series, their classes are here:
Essentially the same but with a bit different offering for weights.  The “piston port” class is now called “Classic Controlled” and allows the older 100cc controlled engines in there as well.

Hope that helps.