Home Forums General Karting Discussion Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015? Reply To: Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015?

Ray Mcik
Participant

I agree with you Tim, and it put us in a position to make a decision, at the time, many of our local  racers who go to WKA wanted us to follow suit with the y-pipe, we gave it a year before making the change.  I had thought that other local tracks would follow suit . Turns out that is not the case.  So now we have to deal another fragmentation of engines…

Now I will say this about the y-pipe, it woke up the KT-100 just where it needed it, the lower end especially on our tight track. It also leveled the playing field in Senior SuperCan/Y-pipe  and Mastercan/Y-pipe .  The karts were much closer together in lap times a couple tenths instead of of 7 or 8 tenths  , even if someone was a bit over weight..     made it more competitive which is what karting is suppose to be about…

As to the orginal question , we are basically running the same class structure as last year, keep in mind we do have a rule that if the bring 4 or more karts , we will find a place for you , it just needs to meet WKA rules IE safety etc etc….

We do have a heavy weight class that allows the big boy to run, I am talking 500 lbs kart class running 420 clones ….15 hp will move you quit quickly down the track…