Home Forums General Karting Discussion Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015? Reply To: Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015?

Jay Sinon
Participant

Mike

Your absolutely right we are moving from Yamaha Jr. and its can to Yamaha Sr. and the pipe. We have been practicing with the pipe for a while now and she loves it much better mid-range and a little more top end not to mention the can sounds obnoxious and sprays oil all over everything. So yes I know the pipe is worth almost 2 seconds on our track but do you think it makes a difference to how the motor is made? I have 2 Woltjers engines and Daniel asked what we ran so at that time we used a can and that’s what he built them to do.What can really change?  They’re the same specs right? Would he have made changes if I said a pipe?( I GUESS HE WOULD SINCE HE ASKED) Maybe I should call him to find out. 1 of them needs to be sent back to him  for a rebuild so I guess I will find out  if it is faster then it was when it was built for a can.

TaG Sr.