Home Forums General Karting Discussion Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015? Reply To: Spec Racing Is Here – What Engine(s) will you be racing in 2015?

Keith Bridgeman
Participant

I will be running a Maxter KZ engine roadracing where open engine large classes still exist.

Once this conversation is over lets add why the spec engine situation is so much more popular now.

Its control!   a % of it is getting the engines equal but really its the orgs wanting to own their piece of the pie and controlling the engine and even tires.    Jump on the bankwagon of ROK,  IAME or Rotax spec series.   Each corner of the country is now positioned with their choice.    Is this your choice?  Who cares!     I guess this is the way it will be but there really isn’t any going back now.  Don’t like your engine package near you.   Quit karting and do something else, thats the message.

Then again many like spec,   many would be good with a spec kart to I bet.  Just like indoor karting.

I get having the Briggs L206 taking control of the 4 stroke market and I think that is good.   The clone thing was a joke.     After that it gets pretty messy.

http://bridgemanbroskarting.blogspot.com/