Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Engines F/S: Merlin/Atomic Rotary valve engine, built into a 115cc open Reply To: F/S: Merlin/Atomic Rotary valve engine, built into a 115cc open

Ron LaFollette
Participant

I have been getting many questions on the mechanics of this engine & package setup that leads me to believe that many are not as experienced as this engine requires. This engine requires the knowledge and experience of a person running open/outlaw engines. I will be happy to answer questions accordingly but do not have the time to educate non-experienced people…Ron
 Last set of email?

“Have you ever run this motor without the clutch as a direct drive?”
No, and now that it is built into an open engine I doubt that you could get it started as a direct drive 

“I am Interested in this set-up but would not be interested in the jack shaft set-up.”
The sale is a package deal; I do not want to break it up at this time.

“Have you ever run the Birky clutch off the right side of engine without the jackshaft?”
No, the Birky clutch is design to be used on a J/S with a 2.3:1 rpm ratio from the engine. You cannot put it on the engine. You cannot drive off the right side because of the duel carbs. By the questions that you have been asking this engine is not for you…