Home Forums Series / Club / Event Information WKA Gold Cup Kershaw Reply To: WKA Gold Cup Kershaw

Steve Baker
Participant

All I can say is wow, what a weekend of WKA Gold Cup Sprint racing. A special thanks to the WKA staff for putting on a great weekend of racing and activities. Thanks also to all the sponsors, supporters, promoters and racers for their continuing support in helping grow the GC series going forward. We were blessed with beautiful weather all weekend.

As I walked around the pit it was so cool to watch all the chassis companies working with their customers, giving them advice and turning wrenches themselves also to help. Thanks to Mark & Jim Lipari from Coyote Chassis, Stevie & Stacy Roberts from Roberts Kart Shop / Razor Chassis, Paul Sr and Paul Jr Rice from MGM Chassis and Kyle Luttrell from Ionic Chassis Company.

Thanks to Bobby, Randall & Van for doing very thorough tech and supporting all the racers with tech questions. It’s reassuring to know that WKA has a fair and consistent tech program.

The comradery after the races is always entertaining to be involved with, watching and listening to the bench racing. Thanks to all the families for having cookouts and feeding anyone who walked by. I am always impressed by the Roberts Kart Shop groups 7 course meal spreads, they have every kind of food you can imagine, even 1 inch thick steaks! The Van K Rim Company, Brian Bass and family cooking Brisket and sides for everyone is always a treat after a long day of racing.

A special thanks also to all the participants in the Golf Ball throwing contest. There were 170 golf balls sold at $5.00 each, $850.00 total, including a silent donor that matched the $850.00, this program was able to donate $1700.00 to the Carol Getty’s Orphanage Program for Christmas presents for all the children. Congrats to Dustin Demattia for throwing the golf ball closest to the marker, 25.5 inches away, and winning the Briggs & Stratton Animal engine.

Thanks
Steve