Home Forums General Karting Discussion I Karts Reply To: I Karts

Mike Gerould
Participant

I’m running the CBX-RM2 with an X30 motor.  Not much is actually on the web about it, but I liked what I had read about it and bought one.  Everyone who has seen it has commented (positively) on the build quality and engineering.  The seat bracket system is probably the most obvious difference from other chassis in that the brackets allow for multiple positions without drilling additional holes.  Every time someone helps me put on or off a stand, they comment on how light the chassis feels.  In a ready to run state, the kart only weighs 180lbs allowing my 185lb self to run in the TaG seniors class with only 5 additional lbs of ballast.  I don’t have any experience in other chassis to compare it to, so it’s hard to say how the handling differs.

Both the iKart factory and Word Racing (the distributor I used) have been extremely helpful in supporting the product and answering questions I’ve had.

iKart Chassis

iKart TaG X30

If there is something specific you would like to see, I’ll be happy to snap a couple of pictures and post them.