Home Forums Road Racing CES @ Grattan Reply To: CES @ Grattan

Robert Lawson
Participant

Just getting back home….

Not a bad weekend, each of the earlier races on Saturday got a slight sprinkle on one part of the course or another but nothing major. I think one might have been stopped and called.

Got the worst storm I’d ever endured last night though. Rich and I were sleeping by 11pm but were both WIDE awake from 12:30 to 2:30 am. It was as if we parked the trailer under Niagra Falls the rain was so intensely heavy. And, with wind gusts of 40-50 mph…..It must have felt very much like what Noah experienced on the Ark!!!! I’m not ashamed to say I was concerned. Putting my hand on the tin roof of the trailer it felt like pee pebble being constantly dumped on us! Not much thunder but some intense lightning lit up the interior from just the roof vet lid. Busted out my phone and checked the radar and it was a large very intense storm indeed, never seen “burgundy” on radar before!!!!

So, when it did finally slow down we got some sleep knowing there would be the ever present and historically normal “3 river crossings” on the track in the morning. All races for CES members were called for rain points and condensed but ran for trophies only.

This made for awesome spectating!!!! :)

All in all it was a beautiful day out there today, weather wise.

A big Thank You to Dave and his crew for doing what they do and providing us with another opportunity to race at this facility. Lots of happy, friendly, smiling folks with CES makes participating a good time!

Thanks Guys!!!!!!

RPM