Home Forums Shifter Karts Stock Honda Fuel Reply To: Stock Honda Fuel

Stephen Lamana
Participant

Jordon,

I agree 100%. As John at SRS has proven many times C12 doesn’t add any HP, the added lubrication of the lead in the gas almost eliminates detonation entirely. Would be nice to have the higher octane fuel, I’m okay with the added cost per gallon more since it will save me from buying a cylinder every couple races. Part of me is thinking about switching back to the 99 cylinder just because I am sick of it.

Another option for the 01 cylinder might be running the 01 ignition box. The 99 ignition box we run has the wrong timing required for the 01 cylinder. I ran a 01 ignition box in testing with C12 and gained 3 tenths over the 99 ignition and ZERO detonation. (according to my detonation counter)

If skusa doesn’t allow us to run higher octane or switch ignitions maybe allow everyone to get a Detonation ring as you stated. The top 3 drivers have the engines pulled down anyway so any cheating that goes on should be picked up right away.

In my opinion we should work on getting a petition together to push the higher octane fuel through. Im sure 99% of the stock honda drivers would sign it.