Home Forums Tech Talk Please help choose Rotax Motor Mount Reply To: Please help choose Rotax Motor Mount

tony zambos
Participant

The scope of your decision on which engine mount to use should be based on more than attaching the engine to the frame.  You’ll have to consider the relationship between the coil and seat strut, the clearance between the pipe and the strut plus clearance beteen the pipe and the brake rotor.  Also consider where the pipe will rest in relationship to the rear bumper.  With the first tap in the rear, you DON’T want the pipe damaged or if you have a plastic bumper, you don’t want it to melt.  That’s why the different angled mounts.

I’m not plugging anyone, but we use an Odenthal two piece 10 degree mount as seen here, http://www.fastech-racing.com/odenthal-engine-mount-prmax-clamps-not-included.html.  Most of adjustments are done with loosening the two butterfly mounts. The bottom plate has slots for the bolts that attach the top plate. This gives a little additonal adjustment.  Once you have the engine mounted, then consider what gears you might be running and then get a chain.  You should be able to find the recommended gearing for you track and class, or ask on the Forum. You might wind up getting a couple of chains of different lengths to accomodate differenent tracks or limitations on the amount of travel you have for the mount.  Guessing that if you’re making five rear sprocket changes in a day, you might be lost and ask a compeditor.

Maybe there is a need for raising the motor an inch. I can’t think of one. It’s a water cooled engine.

See that while I was slowly typing, Chris has lent you a hand as well.  Good luck

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100