Home Forums General Karting Discussion What form of engine did you begin your karting career with? Reply To: What form of engine did you begin your karting career with?

Clark Gaynor Sr.
Participant

1963, North Hills Raceway, Phoenixville, Pa.  63′ Dart A-Bone with a MC 40. (dual carbs on gas).  I was 14.  Since then, everything from a Briggs flat head to a CR250 Anderson super kart.  Currently road race with the WKC/WKA in Stock Leopard.  I was getting a little old for Stock Honda anymore, so I went back to the Leopard and had a ball.

Let’s see, starting out.  My 7 year old Grandson is following his Dad and I into kart racing this year.  He’ll be running a Pro Gas Animal (stock Briggs Animal, controlled cam on gas- imagine that!!??)  Someone with no racing experience, I think the LO206 is the way to go.  Very low maintenance, and just learn how to race.  Someone with racing experience, go with a Tag.  Rotax, Leopard, whatever.  More experience, Stock Honda.  But whatever you get, make sure it’s a popular class where you intend to race!

I actually think I’ll be putting a LO206 on an 07′ Intrepid shifter chassis to do a little local club racing where ever my Grandson races.

Clark Sr.