Home Forums Road Racing Track Day Discussion Reply To: Track Day Discussion

Robert Lawson
Participant

I have some good news, and, for myself, some “feel good” news!

Just off the phone with Curt we absolutely made the right call. We may have gotten 1/2 a day in as I expected but it would have required a good deal of physical labor. Brooming puddles and track drying was not what Y’all signed up for. So, I’m happy that I made the right call.

The Good News is, T1 will get milled and repaved Wednesday & Thursday this week!

I tried boys trust me I tried to get T3 worked on too. The 3 pronounced “bumps” in that corner just kill the lap time of a laydown (at least a fast one) as you just cant get back to the gas when: 1 – you cant see, and 2 – you have no directional control for lack of contact with the surface! I hope to convince the Guys to make an attempt at a manual repair anyway.

We will be the first to drive on the new turn 1 in April!

April!!! WTH??? Yeah, April… Chris West and Steve Pasteiner both have said to keep the $$$ and add us to a new list for April! So, we start by setting records already… never have we started working on April before the 1st of the year. And, we hope to set another record by hosting the largest Test & Tune ever by leasing the entire weekend. Financially we pulled this off already, but Old Man Winter was not finished with Grattan Township at that time and we were denied.

I did a ton of leg work this past Summer at Grattan and Gingerman getting these Testing opportunities out into the ear of the karting public in person. By the surprise reaction of the many I spoke to, it should do well this coming Spring. A large number of CIK shifters are expected.

There is much more to come this Winter.

We are building karts and working toward April right now.

RPM