World Karting Association Partners with the GOAT Series for April Charlotte Karting Challenge at The Dirt Track in Charlotte
Continuing to grow the Charlotte Karting Challenge, the World Karting Association (WKA) has partnered with the GOAT Series, a traveling dirt kart racing program, for their upcoming April 16-17 event. Taking place at The Dirt Track at Charlotte, the two programs will run back-to-back days providing more opportunity for racers and decreasing the cost for all competitors.
“I am very excited to partner with Terry Odom of the GOAT Series. He is a great supporter of the WKA insurance programs, and he runs an amazing series,” expressed WKA Chairman of the Board Mike Tetreault. “Friday afternoon will be a fun day with support classes and payouts for the WKA side of the program and then Saturday the full GOAT Series class structure with payouts will be on track. Personally, I can’t wait to put on this amazing event and see the karts on track in Charlotte.”
“Working with WKA has been great. They insure all my events and have brought stability to the Dirt market with its national series and rule book,” added GOAT Series Promoter Terry Odom. “We are very excited to see our GOAT Series racers tackle the Big Oval at The Dirt Track in Charlotte and run back-to-back with the WKA Maxxis Speedway Dirt Series.”
With this being a one-off event for Friday’s WKA classes as well as a points race for the GOAT Series on Saturday, WKA will offer a temporary membership for anyone who is not a WKA member looking to compete in Friday and Saturday’s wheel-to-wheel action.
April 16-18 Event Information:
- Friday, April 16 – WKA Support Classes (afternoon start)
- Saturday, April 17 – GOAT Series Points Race
- Sunday, April 18 – Rain Date
- Load in and wrist bands can be picked up from Noon until 6:00pm on Thursday, April 15
- Load in, wrist bands and registration will be open at 7:00am on Friday, April 16 and Saturday, April 17
- Tires: Maxxis
- Sponsors and general parking for the event will open middle of March. Please stay tuned to the WKA website and social media pages for additional news and information.
Something missing? Need more information? Please contact WKA for immediate assistance.
For more information on the World Karting Association, please contact Mike Tetreault at Mike@worldkarting.com or by phone to 609.326.3741. Additional information can be found at www.worldkarting.com.