The Story is Just Beginning for Ryan Shehan
A huge thank you to the karting community for the overwhelming support
After a terrifying incident in a test session back in late January, Ryan Shehan is nearly ready to return to the seat. In what looked like could be career ending and life threatening in the hours following the incident, Shehan is on the road to recovery and is planning a return to karting by the end of the month.
“All I can say is thank you,” expressed Shehan. “Thank you to everyone who reached out to us and their tremendous support. There is no way to thank everyone individually, but we wanted to recognize a few people specially.”
“The outpouring of support we received from all over the world was absolutely incredible, and we can’t begin to thank everyone enough for their prayers, thoughts, Facebook comments, texts, messages, and donations,” explained Doug Shehan, father of Ryan. “We want each of you to know that you had a hand in the healing process, starting from the first night in the hospital when we read your notes to him and continuing with your ongoing support weeks later. Ryan still has work and healing to do as he begins his comeback, but it is easier knowing that we have this amazing community supporting him and us. This is only the beginning of the ‘The Story’ and we will see you at the track soon!”
While the list is too long to name each and every person, Ryan Shehan and the Shehan family would like to thank the following in particular:
- Crosslink Competition – Sean Owens and Team Crosslink have been beside Ryan for the past few weeks offering help and support in any way possible. Additionally, Team Crosslink is where Ryan will return and always be part of the team.
- Christian Boudon – Not only a coach and a partner of Ryan’s, Christian will be one of the main people that will help get Ryan back up to speed. Understanding his true determination for success, Ryan and Christian make a great team.
- eKartingNews.com, Rob Howden and David Cole – Rob and David, through the eKartingNews.com website, were the first to break the news about Ryan, but also contacted us to offer help and support in whatever way possible. Rob has been a constant breath of fresh air and always has an idea on how to help.
- Homestead Karting – In the days and weeks following the incident, Eric Jones, Xander Clements, Darrin and Paula Tebbe, Tony Schroeder and the rest of the staff helped out tremendously. From hotel rooms to help with damaged equipment as well as becoming dog-sitters, the Homestead Karting crew were like family to Ryan. Eric Jones graciously offered multiple sets of MG Tires and an entry to the IAME Grand Final later this season, and Ryan is really hoping that he can compete.
- ROK Cup USA – The staff at ROK Cup USA invited Ryan Shehan out to the Ocala Gran Prix for the second round of the Florida Winter Tour. In a short and moving acknowledgement that allowed the Shehan family to thank teams and competitors, ROK Cup USA awarded Ryan with a free entry to any ROK Cup USA race for the remainder of 2020.
- Superkarts! USA – Ryan returned to the Superkarts! USA (SKUSA) Winter Series event at the AMR Motorplex to be trackside with his team at the same event that he was injured testing for. SKUSA welcomed Ryan to the track and presented him with a banner signed by all the competitors participating that weekend.
- Speedsportz Race Park, North Texas Karters (NTK), and Hill Country Kart Club held benefit races for Ryan. With rising medical expenses and constant follow up visits, their support will help offset those expenses.
- Katie Saville, Brittany Lobaugh, Alejandro Jaramillo, and Dylan Towne for all of the help the weeks following the accident. Katie and Brittany produced the Race for Shehan decals while AJ and Dylan sprang into action with Shehan Strong. Additionally, Katie Seville set up and directs the Shehan Strong Go Fund Me site.
‘The Story’ for Ryan is just beginning. The first chapter is coming to a close, but chapter two gets more exciting. Stay tuned for future programs from Ryan and family and remember to always be #ShehanStrong.
For more information on Ryan Shehan, please contact RTD Media & Management or follow Ryan on social media on Twitter (@RyanShehanRace), Instagram (@RyanShehanOfficial), Facebook (@RyanShehanOfficial), and Website (RyanShehan.com).