Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom Registration Opens
Registration is now open for the 2018 Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom, to be held Sept. 1-2, 2018 through the city streets of Rock Island, Ill.
1) This year the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom will be the final race in the new Triple Crown of Karting. Competitors in Briggs & Stratton 206 Heavy, Yamaha Heavy, 125 Open Shifter and Margay Ignite Senior must sign up to participate in the series as part of the Quincy Grand Prix at South Park June 9-10. The second leg will be run at either the Battle of the Brickyard, July 4-6 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Ignite Senior or the Thor Industries Elkhart Riverwalk Grand Prix, August 10-12, in Elkhart, Ind.
Sign up for the Triple Crown Here:
2) This year we have dropped the two TAG classes due to low participation in 2017. We have added a Briggs & Stratton 206 Medium 2 class run on the same tires as the Briggs 206 Medium 1 class. We have also added an X30 Senior class.
3) A second 125 Shifter Open class is being offered, but the requirement to run the same tires as King of the Streets has been dropped. Also the weight breaks have been further adjusted to benefit stock Honda entries.
4) Spec Hoosier tires will be required for all Briggs & Stratton 206 (except Ignite) and all Yamaha classes. Tires are available at the discounted price of $185/set through registration. See Supplemental Rules for tire specifics. Extra sets may also be purchased at this discounted price.
There have also been other rules adjustments so as always we encourage you to review in detail the Supplemental Rules which are under final review and will be posted to our website soon.
Once again this year Briggs & Stratton is generously supporting our B&S 206 racers by paying $100 of the entry fee on the second B&S 206 class entered. This discount is available to the first 30 registrants only (one to a customer). When you register, choose the class with the $125 entry fee for your first entry and the class with the $25 entry fee for your second entry. Additional entries should then be made at the $125 rate. The $25 entry option will disappear once the 30 discounted entries have been claimed.
This year, the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom will again operate under a United States Auto Club (USAC) license. Licensing is especially important for foreign drivers who wish to compete at Rock Island without risk of having punitive action taken in their home country as a result of competing in a non-sanctioned event.
Another change this year is that for classes with more than 40 entries, the top 24 positions will be filled from the heat races. The remainder will compete in a Last Chance Qualifier for the final 16 starting positions in the Feature. Again this year, no entries will be accepted after Heat races have been run.
To ENTER please do one of the following:
1) Go to Raceday, log in and update your driver account. This is where you provide updated address, phone number, email, transponder number, kart number, insurance carrier, as well as chassis/engine/tire data. You can do that here:
Or you can access it through the Competitor’s Page at the Rock Island Grand Prix website, rockislandgrandprix.com
Once you have done that you can proceed to the 2018 Event Sign-In
2) You can also print off the page, circle class and add-on items and mail it to us with your check. Due to so few entries being submitted this way there is no longer a pdf entry form.
Sponsors for this year’s event include: Mediacom, Jumer’s Casino & Hotel, Hoosier Tires, LeCont Tires, AT&T, Gett Industries, Briggs & Stratton Racing, Modern Woodman Financial/ Joe Schurr agent, CBS TV4 / Fox 18 and CW, Schurr Power Racing Engines, Sunbelt Rentals, AMT Ambulance, Johannes Bus Service, The Dispatch-Rock Island Argus-QC Online.com, Modern Woodman Bank, Holiday Inn Rock Island, eKartingnews.com, Courtesy Car City, Gas & Electric Credit Union, Rogan Scale, J&J Camper Sales, 61 Kartway, Triple E Sales, Curry’s Transportation, Miller Trucking and Excavating, Jim Daw’s Trucking, Brenny’s Motorcycle Center and the local radio stations Q106, Fox Sports QC, WOC and WLLR.
As always we are ready to answer any questions you have. More information can be found at rockislangrandprix.com . See you in September!