MAXSpeed Group Announces Details and Benefits of New 125 Max EVO Engine Series
Next generation Rotax engine legal for use in US starting March 30, 2015
MAXSpeed Group is pleased and excited to announce the next generation in Rotax karting engines from BRP-Powertrain, the 125 MAX evo engine series. Legal for use beginning March 30, 2015 in the United States, the MAXSpeed Group will announce pricing structure and availability of upgrade kits in the very near future.
“The new Rotax evo engine package is something that will benefit all Rotaxians,” explained MAXSpeed Group’s Richard Boisclair. “Providing that ultimate ease in use, this is the next generation of Rotax to level the playing field and decrease the costs.”
While the announcement was made last week at the Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals in Valencia, Spain, the evo engine series will not be permitted for use in the first quarter of the 2015 season.
“Both the Florida Winter Tour and the Rotax Challenge of the Americas will utilize 2014 engine rules,” explained Josh Smith of the MAXSpeed Group. “This is the same as we have done in previous years and will be the status for 2015.”
Key benefits of the new package are:
- The advanced engine technology of the Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series provides the ultimate ease of use.
- The Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series provides a further improved durability vs. existing models.
- The “driveability” of the Rotax MAX evo engine series reaches new heights.
Boisclair added, “While the new engine package is a significant improvement over the current one, it will be possible to affordably upgrade existing engines to the new specification. We are working on a detailed and less expensive upgrade option and introductory offer for all Rotax customers to be purchased directly from the MAXSpeed Group.”
Details of the new Rotax evo package include:
New Dellorto VHSB34 “XS” carburetor
The “XS” carburetor is a completely redesigned system, which offers a significantly improved throttle response and requires less need to adjust calibration under changing conditions.
- Supports ease of use of the whole engine package – improve driving experience.
- Less support of carburetor experts needed to get appropriate carburetion.
- Lower cost of operation.
New Dellorto ignition system
To integrate the electronic timing for the exhaust valve into the ignition system, a new system (Dellorto) with separate ignition coil (same for all engines) and a specific electronic box for each engine, has been developed.
The ignition timing of the 125 Micro MAX evo, 125 Mini MAX evo, and 125 MAX evo engines remain the same as the current engines; therefore, these 3 engines use the same Dellorto electronic box.
The ignition timing of the 125 Junior MAX evo engine has been changed to improve the engine characteristic in the rpm range from 12.000 to 14.000 rpm.
The ignition timing of the 125 MAX DD2 evo engine has been changed to minimize the risk of misfiring at critical engine operation.
- Improved engine characteristic for 125 Junior MAX evo – ease of use.
- Reduced risk of misfiring for 125 MAX DD2 evo – increased durability.
- Integrated timing for exhaust valve for 125 MAX evo and 125 MAX DD2.
Electronic timed exhaust valve
Electronic timed exhaust valve with exact timing, independent from engine.
Two different switch points can be selected to allow adaption to individual driving preferences.
- Automatically and exact timing of exhaust valve for 125 MAX evo and 125 MAX DD2 evo.
- Less technical assistance required for proper function of the system – lower cost of operation.
New battery holder unit with integrated combination-switch (OFF/ON/START)
- Easy to install and operate.
- Improved durability of combination of OFF/ON/START-switch and starter relay
- Lower cost of operation
New exhaust systems (125 Mini MAX evo, 125 Junior MAX evo, 125 MAX evo and 125 MAX DD2 evo)
New design with separate tuned pipe and silencer, which provides improved durability, lower noise emissions and slightly lower weight.
- Increased durability – lower cost of operation.
- Lower noise emissions.
- Slightly lower weight compared to current exhaust system.
New exhaust sockets with gasket ring
New system provides accurate sealing between the exhaust socket and the exhaust system, which is essential for the proper performance of the engine.
- No leaking between exhaust socket and exhaust system – clean.
- Proper engine performance.
The changed profile of the piston enables a reduced running in period and provides at the same time a reduced wear rate.
- Shorter running in period.
- Lower wear rate – lower cost of operation.
New connecting rod
New hardening procedure enables a new lightweight design with two lubrication slots.
Improved lubrication and lower weight result in improved durability.
- Improved durability – lower operating cost.
Sliding seats for the main bearings provide a “free turning” crankshaft right at the first start of the engine.
- No need to “free-up” new engines – lower cost of operation.
- Optimum engine performance out of the box.
Black coating of crankcases and gearbox covers as well as red coating of the cylinder head cover support the racing look of the engine package.
- New appearance supports the racing image of the product.
For more information on the Rotax evo engine, please feel free to contact the MAXSpeed Group or your local Rotax Dealer/Service Center. A list of Dealers/Service Centers by date can be found at www.gorotax.com/dealers.html.