2014 Rock Island Grand Prix Registration Open
20th anniversary to be celebrated during Labor Day weekend street race event
The Rock Island Grand Prix, presented by AT&T, will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2014 with a wide-range lineup of classes and a promise that everyone will have fun. This year’s theme – the most fun you will have in kart racing on and off the track. Organizers are hoping for a large turnout to join the celebration with registration now open for the August 30-31.
The same race class lineup will be featured again at this year’s Labor Day weekend event, including vintage karts on Saturday, along with the addition of a Briggs & Stratton Local Option 206 Masters class. Some minor changes have been made to the Supplemental Rules including some weight changes. The rules can be found in the Competitors section of the website at rockislandgrandprix.com.
Classes for 2014 will include:
* Briggs & Stratton LO206 Heavy, Medium and Masters
* 4-cycle Clone Heavy and Medium
* TAG Senior (Sat. & Sun.), TAG Junior, TAG Masters and Leopard
* King of the Streets (stock moto), 125 Masters, 125 Open Shifter
* Pro Open
* Yamaha SuperCan Heavy and Medium
* Vintage karts
There are three ways you can enter.
1) Go to the website, rockislandgrandprix.com, click on the Competitors link at the top of the home page. Half way down the Competitors page you will find some gray buttons. Click on Online Registration, fill out the blanks and register using your credit card.
2) You can also go to the Competitors page and among the gray buttons click on Entry Form. This will allow you to print our 5-page Entry Package. Fill it out and mail it in using either a credit card or including a check or money order.
3) Call the Grand Prix office at 309-292-8133 and ask that we mail the entry packet to you. Please do not use this option if you have Internet access.
Also on the home page and the Competitors page you will find links to our Hotels page and local hotels. The Holiday Inn in Rock Island is the host hotel and all rooms were recently renovated. Jumer’s Casino & Hotel is also a race sponsor and many race teams enjoy its gaming atmosphere in their spare time. Links can be found on the Hotels page.
Finally, a link with information about a variety of other chain hotels in the area can also be found on the Hotels page. There is also a link to the local KOA campground if you prefer that kind of accommodation. It is located about 10 minutes from downtown.
For more information, visit rockislandgrandprix.com.