Forum Replies Created
October 16, 2014 at 9:28 am #35362
80-90 degree only!!!!!
Thanks Linda!!! Austin and I worked hard to make our 2015 schedule as good as it can be. Afton even moved there date earlier to help out.October 10, 2014 at 1:09 pm #35126
FANTASTIC RACE!!!!! Had to be the most fun anyone could have.
1) See the hand signals when they were coming up on slower traffic?? Super sportsmanship by them all!!
2) Mike, we need to talk about spinning out!! LOL
3) Doug, banging on the steering wheel coming to the checkered must have done it!!! LOL
GREAT job all you ANIMAL racers!!!!October 7, 2014 at 7:51 am #34962
What are you smokn??? That’s what it says!!!!! As far as the leopard class, EXACTLY!!!! And they put on a great clean race. And as for the HEGAR boys, I held our boys back from winning until the final shifter race so they would feel good. Now they have to come back and even bring there laydowns. LOL
Linsday not pickn on Ryan (youngest)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looked to me like mommy has to keep a eye on the oldest!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!! U and the rest of the family who live under our roof truly know what it took to make this event happen. I worked on this event so much that I forgot to get things done for my own Afton event until the week before it. WELL WORTH IT…………….October 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm #34921
A BIG THANX to EVERYONE who attended!!!!!!!! I can speak for all the KART/MARRS racers, officials when we say THANK YOU for all the kind comments for such a fine event let alone the Saturday nite festivities. And speaking of Saturday nite, the special award that was presented to myself was a major shock to me if you didn’t notice!!!!! THANK ALL OF YOU from the bottom of my heart who were involved.
Outside of mother nature on Friday morning which gave us a small delay, it was super weather the rest of the weekend. Even with rain Friday morning, we still had plenty of practice time by what racers told me. As for the races, SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL CHAMPIONS!!!! Several had finishes that where the main flagman had to call the finish. It was a major disappointment that this event was not on Race-monitor.com as Maysha had IT issues and tried several times to get it fixed so we are sorry for that. That’s OK though because you had to be there to see the tight racing!!!!!!!
SUPER NEWS: NO RED FLAGS ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL for racing hard and clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the HEGAR family (Chris/Ryan): Next trip back you need to grow some hair and party with the REAL partiers!!!!!!! LMAO.
B-STOCK group: See how we are, treat us right and we treat you right!!!!!!
Hope to see all who were there this year and more at next years event.
THE MANOctober 6, 2014 at 11:47 am #34920
Thanks for the offer. As of now we plan to take either a small or medium trailer. Going to depend on if Brad can get off but that’s not looking good so it will probably be me, Lindsay and her mother coming.
We will see you there.October 1, 2014 at 10:55 am #34737
If anyone needs a motel room, I have 1 -dbl available at the Super 8 which is right down the street from the track. If you want it, let me know by 6:00 today (Wednesday) and I will give it to the first person who contacts me. At 6:00, I will be calling to cancel it. Contact me at 316-218-3645.
Most likely this will be the last time I check this forum out before leaving tomorrow morning to head to HPT. You need something, contact me at the number above.
EVERYONE have a safe trip!!!!!!
THE MANSeptember 30, 2014 at 11:50 am #34702
1) Can we get in after 10:00pm Thur ?? NO. We will not have anyone to be able to sell passes after 10pm. SORRY!!!! gates will open at 7:00am each day.
2) Concessions available ?? Yes. They will be serving lunch all 3 days along with having a breakfast menu Sat/Sun.
In case you don’t know, Saturday after the races (Approximately 5:30), MARRS is hosting the awards ceremony for the Friday/Sat. classes and there will be plenty of good old BBQ and beverages (both non alcoholic and alcohol). We want EVERYONE to attend this as it’s not just for those who are receiving awards. Come have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, Lindsay (my daughter) who works in the HR department that owns the Carlos O Kelly’s in Topeka has set it up for us to come enjoy some good old Mexican food on Friday nite if you are interested. There is no special pricing that I am aware of but, she was able to get them to sponsor one of our classes and several racers plan to go there around 7:00pm to show there support. Everyone is invited. It’s easy to get to and Lindsay will be available to give anyone directions.September 27, 2014 at 8:47 am #34524
As I told you on the PM, this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A BIG THANKS from all of us from KART and MARRS!!!!!!!!!! I owe you big time!!!!!!!!!!
Another reason why all of us who road race are such a tight family!!!!!!!September 26, 2014 at 8:35 am #34484
Here are a couple of things for food for thought.
1) I personally have purchased some very very nice items from one of our class sponsors to go as a silent auction to be given away Saturday nite at the awards/meal ceremony. I have 2- Hitch receiver locks, 2 – trailer wheel locks, 2 – trailer locks and 1 – trailer door lock. These will be on display in registration along with bid sheets. If interested, put your name and what you want to bid on each items bid sheet. Top bidders get the item they bid the highest. GREAT NEWS is that, those who bid will receive a ticket for a special drawing!!! The drawing will be for CASH!!!! Here is the deal, once the amount it cost to purchase these items have been meet, then that amount will be deducted from the total income and the remaining balance will be given to some lucky person who bid on any/all the items. Just for bidding and you are the lucky winner, you are guaranteed a minimum of $25.00 even if I have to pay it!!!!
2) It has been requested to have a “CALCUTTA” race. This is where people buy a particular racer in a particular class and if that racer wins, then the buyer wins the pot including what they bought in for. As of now, the 100cc Controlled I class on Saturday has been suggested. I will talk to people Thursday nite thru Friday morning to see if there is interest.September 22, 2014 at 8:16 am #34225
1) How is the grid line-up determined ? By draw. Draw a number per class and line-up is determined from low – high number. Noon each day is the deadline to enter and draw. After noon, you go behind those who drew in the order you entered.
2) Are dual/4 wheel brakes required ? Above 100cc stock (A-limited – up for both sprint and laydown). The break teather is not mandatory at this time.
3) How do the shifters start ? Standing Formula 1 style start. We pre-grid them back a ways and start them and they pull down to the flagman. Once last kart stops, the flagman gives them all a signal then raises the flag. 10 secs later he drops the flag and first class leaves when multiple classes are running together. He does the same 10 sec flag for the remaining classes as well.
All other classes do the normal Lemans standing start.
4) Is practice split into groups ? Only if needed. This is determined of the amount of traffic. Has been done both ways. FYI, We will have 2 sessions Sat/Sun for Jrs. (8-11) and the Animals. Normally the first session is 1/2 way through practice and second one is at the end of practice. Friday will be the same but will give the Jrs. & Animals 4 sessions most likely.
5) Transponders available to rent ? YES. $10.00 for the weekend.
6) Is there pump gas with no ethanol available ? Yes. There is a HY VEE located at 29th & Wannamaker which is on the N.W. side of Topeka where most of the motels and easting establishments are located. I have a co-worker looking for other stations and will post them what he finds out which will probably be Mon or Tues.September 22, 2014 at 7:53 am #34223
I vote it to be a Piston Port laydown class rather it be medium or heavy.
Lindsay is coming and who wouldn’t want to run against her????? FAST, PRETTY!!!
THE MANSeptember 17, 2014 at 7:58 am #33943
They have Sunoco 100 Unleaded, 110 and 112 Leaded. The 100 is what I’m thinking would not pass in the past but I will be checking it that Thursday when we get there.
Sam Linhardt normally brings some VP 110. Need some. text me how much and I can make sure he brings plenty
PISTON PORT CLASS RULES: The board had a meeting and voted to run the above rules at the 2014 nationals.September 15, 2014 at 12:00 pm #33766
On the KART web (www.kart.org) is the revised event schedule and the revised local option class rules.
Event schedule: Added the Briggs LO206 class and each class sponsor. BE SURE TO THANK THESE SPONSORS as they are a major supporter of this event. Keep in mind, BALDUS RACING sponsors the class champions ball caps and they are REAL NICE!!!!!
Local option rules: Added Briggs LO206 rules. Be sure to read them carefully if you run this class or any of the local option classes.
Per posted on the KART web site 9/10/2014 under news, the JICA SWIFT motor will not be allowed to participate at the 2014 nationals in the piston port class.
As for the KART PISTON PORT R&D CLASS: I’m waiting to hear the final verdict (should know within a day or 2) from the directors as they are waiting on ones feedback but if it passes by what the other two said, these will be the rules for this class at HPT. Comer P51 weight at 410#, HPV 4 or 5 pipe at minimum of 10″ flex length. Yamaha weight at 385#, any 1 3/4″ fixed pipe/ flex length. ALL OTHER piston port motors will run at 400# with any 1 3/4″ fixed pipe/any flex length.
NOTE: As questions are asked, I will post them here. As of now, here is what has been asked.
1) When can we get in: Thursday (2nd) starting at 5:00pm. REMINDER, lower level is full and I have a couple spots on top level reserved for sponsors. See me before you unhook.
2) Can we come and go: As long as you have a pit pass.
3) Fuel tech/available at track: K.A.R.T. uses the meter set at -75, cannot go positive AND, other tests deemed necessary!!!! Fuel is available at the track by credit card but they used to have one octane that didn’t pass our tech which I will be testing Thursday for verification.
4) Can we join K.A.R.T. at the track: YES. If you join at HPT, your membership will be good through 2015 including the 2015 nationals.
THE MANSeptember 10, 2014 at 11:24 am #33440
On youtube.com, put in brad read in search bar and there is a video there from HPT 2013. Good video of the piston port race at least until a rock cracks his go pro lens.September 9, 2014 at 8:26 am #33382
Didn’t catch it earlier but it is FRIDAY – SUNDAY. SORRY!!! It still AWESOME!!!!!!
As far as this video you put together, as a representative of KART/MARRS, BIG THANKS of what you put together here for our event. Nice to have people out there that want to promote road racing no matter where they are from!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for parts going to be available at the track, RUSSELL KARTING SPECIALTIES, HEGAR MFG, HE ENTERPRISES, MISI KART PRODUCTS to name a few, will be there and should have parts. There will also be racers like MT POCKETS, BALDUS RACING that will have certain parts if needed. Keep in mind RUSSELLS is not far from HPT and if you let them know any last minute items you have forgotten, give them a call by Thursday of the event as I know they would be more then happy to deliver parts to you at the track.September 8, 2014 at 12:07 pm #33335September 8, 2014 at 9:16 am #33331
THANKS to all those who attended and especially those NEW racers who came. Seems they had a blast and are coming back and including to HPT Oct. 3-5.
GREAT job to Nick Edgington on the main flagging.
As Linda stated, tracks like Afton and Garnett take a bunch of work before and after to make it safe and a good track to race on. I thank my family and friends who helped because without them, this could not happen.
As for the racing, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakn Animal race both days had to be one of the best in a long time!!!! Only thing better would have been THE MAN winning……. But seeing both of my animal karts with other drivers in them and running up front, made my weekend. I just wish my kids did better at there own home track (15 minutes from home) as we seem to struggle here more then we should be!!!!! Even though they were quick, weren’t quick enough. Oh well maybe next time????
I do want to mention that I and all the KART directors appreciate very much of Lindsay spending the whole season testing for us in the piston port class with motors/pipes/weights to build this class up and done a superb job. Looks like we have found a good combination for this class which will be posted soon on the KART web then I will post it on the HPT national forum. If that’s not great sportsmanship, what is???September 3, 2014 at 9:14 am #33063
Time has come to get the track prepared!!!!!!
Tonite it is hay and fencing, tomorrow and Friday all day putting banners, setting up pits, sweeping the track, etc.
Hope to see everyone there this weekend. I have a new main flagman I will be breaking in who will be doing the nationals so BE NICE!!! You will be shocked to see who it is!! One clue, had raced for several years.
Those who know Lindsay, she is putting a deal together to get a discount at Carlos O Kelley’s Saturday nite. If you are interested, text or call me with number of people at 316-218-3645. Plans are to be there at 7:00.
I will be off the air after this so if you need something, get a hold of me at the number above.
THE MANSeptember 3, 2014 at 9:06 am #33062
U R a SPAZ!!!!!! LOL
Would you like to sponsor a class??? I sponsored one myself and would be more then glad to give that one up if you do. If so give me a shout at 316-218-3645.August 28, 2014 at 12:16 pm #32799
Both kids Piston Port karts are done!!!!!! Brad not running his controlled for this event so this made it easy on the MECHANIC!!!August 26, 2014 at 10:56 am #32666
YES that word!!!! U knew what I meant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLAugust 26, 2014 at 10:48 am #32665
The MAIN reason some of us built rear engine karts is due to upper body size. On certain karts and drivers, they are not wide enough by the time you put the animal motor on the side and try to keep the seat in the middle or as close to the middle as possible. On side winders we normally have the seat so far over away from the motor for clearance you feel like you are in a awkward driving position so with putting the motor in the rear, it keeps the driver in a normal position.
As for which one is faster, I have driven both styles and I can’t say one is faster then the other. I will say that those who have the CKI karts are hard to beat rather it’s a side winder or rear engine kart especially on tracks where quick corner exit speed is a must.
Reason we have what Linda calls blueprint motors is not necessarily what some of us call blueprinting is due to the Briggs changes they have made over the years. Yes there are things we can do to them but not what could be done!!! Carburetor STOCK including STOCK jets as one thing. Some people have the world formula rod in there’s due to having issues with the stock rod. Running 30 minute races (1 per day, 7-8 times a year) not counting practice, that is asking a lot on that rod.
We do also have bodywork rules. Nose stops at rear edge of front tires, side panels cannot connect to nose and must between the front/rear tires with a maximum 2″ bend on the top. This allows us to use the kids old bodywork!! Full floor pan is allowed.
Is it fun??? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People watch us and think we are TURDS!!! But in the kart racing and several karts battling, speed isn’t everything. I just had a guy drive one of mine at Hallett and he was very impressed. He even said that when in the kart it felt faster then when he would just watched it. Guess what?? He isn’t giving it back until after HPT!!! I LOVE IT!!
Come on over to HPT in Topeka Kansas October 3-5 and just see for your self.
THE MANAugust 25, 2014 at 1:19 pm #32580
Isn’t that what it is called that we can watch on our computers on like we did for Mid Ohio?? If not, correct me!! This could be my first mistake?? LOLAugust 25, 2014 at 11:02 am #32571
Racers have asked if the garages up on the 2nd level are available??
YES!! $100.00 per day. Includes electrical & air (no hoses I think). If you are interested, contact one of the track managers (Dwight) when you arrive and they will take care of you.
I THANK all those who have PM, e-mail, text or talked to me in person on what I have put together to make the 2014 KART/MARRS RUSSELL KARTING SPECIALTIES ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIPS event something special. Seeing 300+ entries will make it worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Come on racers you will not want to miss this event.
FYI, We should have RADIO.COM at this event.
THE MANAugust 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm #32369
Linda (MOM), Thanks again for getting this event posted. Been so busy with the other KART/MARRS events I forgot about the one I promote myself!!!!!!!
Entry form & event schedule is on the KART web site (www.kart.org).
Hope to see all my regulars and a whole bunch of new racers at my own event September 6/7.
Latest Forum Topics
Decent compression test kit and ideal comp. for rotax Sr./ leopard/ cr80
by Sebastian Sarmiento
5 hours, 20 minutes ago
Bakersfield Kart Raceway Year End Shootout, MONEY RACE!!!!!!!!
by FREDDY SANDOVAL
2 hours, 45 minutes ago
Want 2 buy KID KART
by Will Wing
6 hours, 20 minutes ago
Want 2 buy Newer KID KART CHASSIS
by Will Wing
6 hours, 52 minutes ago
WTB Dellorto VHSH "adapter"!
by Brent Scott
8 hours, 7 minutes ago
USPKS Championship TAG Package
by Glen Luening
8 hours, 8 minutes ago