Forum Replies Created
December 15, 2014 at 10:29 am #38916
I heard a rumor that the X30 might possibly be changing from the TRYTON HOBBY 27-C carb to a different carb, anyone know????December 15, 2014 at 7:49 am #38905
MT POCKETS RACING all loaded and trailer put away!!!!!!!!! Got everything but the kitchen sink in the trailer. I did leave room to put Lindsay in there as 24 hour drive there is NO WAY I want her plus her mom in the truck with me!!!!!! Headn out at 2:00 on the 24th.
LET’S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE MANDecember 4, 2014 at 8:14 am #38330
With the track improvements (repaving) made last year along with what repairs they are making over this winter, Hallett will and should be every REAL drivers dream to want to race on. Anyone can go straight (except Hegar and I mean Chris) but it takes a real driver to win on a track where there are multiple turns and elevation changes!!!!!
Bring em on!!! As you already know, if there is something I can help them with just let me know.
Hallett is a good track for laydowns but, sprinters love it!!! Elevation changes can/will give laydown drivers a challenge.December 3, 2014 at 9:26 am #38223
KART used to have there national championships in the summer real close to where IKF and WKA had theirs which made it tough for some racers from different parts of the country to go and support other organizations nationals let alone our own. Even though having the KART nationals in October to get away from the other organizations nationals, between cost of HPT, entries and with the weather it made more since to go back. With Hallett’s improvements, that should be a great event.
As for when a organization has there nationals, it doesn’t really matter when they are as this is a separate event even though KART uses it as a series race. National awards are totally different then from the series awards.November 17, 2014 at 1:16 pm #37260
I might have some good news for us all!!!
I have spoken with both Ed Shampine and Mark Henry this past weekend about enduro bodywork. If things work out and we will know shortly, there will be body work available. More details to come once things get worked out.
THE MAN is back at getting something done for the GOOD OF KARTING!!!November 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm #37258
Lindsay wants to know why she has to SLOW down??? 2:28 maybe a 2:29 as slow as she plans to go!!! LOL
THANKS a bunch!!! U b our friend not David now!!!!
We are looking forward in coming to Daytona for Lindsay’s first time and seeing all the friends that we have meet over the years when we came east to race in the past. Rather she runs good or not, you can count on MT POCKETS RACING on coming to have a GREAT time!!! Heck we might even bring some extra toilet paper, etc to remember us by when we leave like we were accused of at Barber!!!!!!! We will be in the garages next to Fulks. Come by and see us maybe we will give you some hints on how to go fast!! NOT…… LMAO
THE MANNovember 13, 2014 at 8:00 am #37013
Question on lap times.
What is a fast lap for the below classes??
Stock Leopard (seen 2:36 on 1st day and 2:34 on 2nd day)??
Piston port medium (laydown)?? Think it got rained out in 2013.
Piston port heavy (laydown)??November 7, 2014 at 1:13 pm #36690
THANKS David, U really are my FRIEND!!!!!! LOLNovember 6, 2014 at 11:09 am #36631
I must be blind (no comments)!!!! I don’t find Daytona 2013 mylaps on WKA web site. Can you help a FRIEND out???November 3, 2014 at 1:05 pm #36450
Thanks. I got our 2014 rule book this past Friday. With her LIGHT A$$, we will be running a K71 (THANX to RRR) in both the piston port classes. At least to start out with but we are bringing WKA legal Comer P-51’s just in case she wants to run it. She will also be running the Sprint stock leopard classes also (guess she want’s to wear THE MAN out!!!!!! LOL
No Yamaha’s here!!! We tend to blow them up EVERY TIME!!!!!!
I can’t seem to find those times on WKA’s web site, am I blind???? LOLOctober 30, 2014 at 12:55 pm #36251
1) You seen how THE MAN is as a race director (KICK A$$)!!!! Imagine what he is like behind the wheel!!!!! Now would any class really want THE MAN there????????
2) I win ENOUGH, it’s Lindsay’s turn!!!!!!! Just wish she had part of my A$$ (weight)…
I’m sure she will look out for him as she laps him!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!! It has been 2 years since she last ran a tag but, she went 4 -4 just to let you know plus, I taught her what she knows but not everything I know!!!!!!!!!!!! Has her mom’s brains but part of my talent!!!! Were going to run the sit-up piston port classes until I sold that kart this past weekend.
We are looking forward in seeing people we haven’t seen in a few years let alone giving Lindsay the Daytona venture. It will be fun!!!October 30, 2014 at 7:37 am #36222
Where can a person find what the 2013 lap times were??? Mainly looking for the Stock Leopard and the laydown piston port medium and heavy classes.
On another note, has WKA ever discussed just having one laydown piston port class?? Say use the Medium weights!!!
I sent WKA a e-mail yesterday with a couple of questions and haven’t heard back yet but thought maybe someone here could answer:
Fuel: 1) Are we allowed to mix the allowed oils?? I mix both a castor and a synthetic to knock down the carbon. Both are on the approved list.
2) Is sheet lead legal?? With the weights for the classes Lindsay is running, being able to bolt some sheet lead in her seat would be helpful. DAM kid!!!!!!!October 24, 2014 at 12:38 pm #35901
That will be Lindsay racing not THE MAN so you have a chance!!!! LOL
1) What is available in piston port classes for a K71 and Comer P51 to run in??
2) Per class, what is the weight for each motor above??October 23, 2014 at 12:47 pm #35838
I don’t know what has happened with people not on here like it used to be. I do know a few that said they couldn’t get on EKN for some reason. I explained to them not put spaces between there username and passwords and they should be able to get on.
Since very few are here to speak for whatever reason and I am sure they will be at Daytona, looks like a Yamaha class is what I see is the best bet. That’s fine with us as we are just coming to give Lindsay the DAYTONA experience. We have no Yamahas so that class is out for us. But I did just think of something (no comments), we might have someone we could borrow there kart and Yamahas for Daytona. Once we find out after seeing the updated rule book which I am waiting to get with her membership and what the schedule will be at Daytona, then we will decide what to run. As of now, depending on how many piston port classes are available that are where we don’t have to add a TON of lead to her kart (running K71 and possibly the Comer P51 if weight not to high) is her main class, Tag classes possibly and Control spec could possibly be a option IF, brother would loan her his stuff??????? Hell, I might be bringing the big trailer the way things are going!!!!!!LOLOctober 16, 2014 at 9:28 am #35362
80-90 degree only!!!!!
Thanks Linda!!! Austin and I worked hard to make our 2015 schedule as good as it can be. Afton even moved there date earlier to help out.October 10, 2014 at 1:09 pm #35126
FANTASTIC RACE!!!!! Had to be the most fun anyone could have.
1) See the hand signals when they were coming up on slower traffic?? Super sportsmanship by them all!!
2) Mike, we need to talk about spinning out!! LOL
3) Doug, banging on the steering wheel coming to the checkered must have done it!!! LOL
GREAT job all you ANIMAL racers!!!!October 7, 2014 at 7:51 am #34962
What are you smokn??? That’s what it says!!!!! As far as the leopard class, EXACTLY!!!! And they put on a great clean race. And as for the HEGAR boys, I held our boys back from winning until the final shifter race so they would feel good. Now they have to come back and even bring there laydowns. LOL
Linsday not pickn on Ryan (youngest)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looked to me like mommy has to keep a eye on the oldest!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!! U and the rest of the family who live under our roof truly know what it took to make this event happen. I worked on this event so much that I forgot to get things done for my own Afton event until the week before it. WELL WORTH IT…………….October 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm #34921
A BIG THANX to EVERYONE who attended!!!!!!!! I can speak for all the KART/MARRS racers, officials when we say THANK YOU for all the kind comments for such a fine event let alone the Saturday nite festivities. And speaking of Saturday nite, the special award that was presented to myself was a major shock to me if you didn’t notice!!!!! THANK ALL OF YOU from the bottom of my heart who were involved.
Outside of mother nature on Friday morning which gave us a small delay, it was super weather the rest of the weekend. Even with rain Friday morning, we still had plenty of practice time by what racers told me. As for the races, SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL CHAMPIONS!!!! Several had finishes that where the main flagman had to call the finish. It was a major disappointment that this event was not on Race-monitor.com as Maysha had IT issues and tried several times to get it fixed so we are sorry for that. That’s OK though because you had to be there to see the tight racing!!!!!!!
SUPER NEWS: NO RED FLAGS ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL for racing hard and clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the HEGAR family (Chris/Ryan): Next trip back you need to grow some hair and party with the REAL partiers!!!!!!! LMAO.
B-STOCK group: See how we are, treat us right and we treat you right!!!!!!
Hope to see all who were there this year and more at next years event.
THE MANOctober 6, 2014 at 11:47 am #34920
Thanks for the offer. As of now we plan to take either a small or medium trailer. Going to depend on if Brad can get off but that’s not looking good so it will probably be me, Lindsay and her mother coming.
We will see you there.October 1, 2014 at 10:55 am #34737
If anyone needs a motel room, I have 1 -dbl available at the Super 8 which is right down the street from the track. If you want it, let me know by 6:00 today (Wednesday) and I will give it to the first person who contacts me. At 6:00, I will be calling to cancel it. Contact me at 316-218-3645.
Most likely this will be the last time I check this forum out before leaving tomorrow morning to head to HPT. You need something, contact me at the number above.
EVERYONE have a safe trip!!!!!!
THE MANSeptember 30, 2014 at 11:50 am #34702
1) Can we get in after 10:00pm Thur ?? NO. We will not have anyone to be able to sell passes after 10pm. SORRY!!!! gates will open at 7:00am each day.
2) Concessions available ?? Yes. They will be serving lunch all 3 days along with having a breakfast menu Sat/Sun.
In case you don’t know, Saturday after the races (Approximately 5:30), MARRS is hosting the awards ceremony for the Friday/Sat. classes and there will be plenty of good old BBQ and beverages (both non alcoholic and alcohol). We want EVERYONE to attend this as it’s not just for those who are receiving awards. Come have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, Lindsay (my daughter) who works in the HR department that owns the Carlos O Kelly’s in Topeka has set it up for us to come enjoy some good old Mexican food on Friday nite if you are interested. There is no special pricing that I am aware of but, she was able to get them to sponsor one of our classes and several racers plan to go there around 7:00pm to show there support. Everyone is invited. It’s easy to get to and Lindsay will be available to give anyone directions.September 27, 2014 at 8:47 am #34524
As I told you on the PM, this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A BIG THANKS from all of us from KART and MARRS!!!!!!!!!! I owe you big time!!!!!!!!!!
Another reason why all of us who road race are such a tight family!!!!!!!September 26, 2014 at 8:35 am #34484
Here are a couple of things for food for thought.
1) I personally have purchased some very very nice items from one of our class sponsors to go as a silent auction to be given away Saturday nite at the awards/meal ceremony. I have 2- Hitch receiver locks, 2 – trailer wheel locks, 2 – trailer locks and 1 – trailer door lock. These will be on display in registration along with bid sheets. If interested, put your name and what you want to bid on each items bid sheet. Top bidders get the item they bid the highest. GREAT NEWS is that, those who bid will receive a ticket for a special drawing!!! The drawing will be for CASH!!!! Here is the deal, once the amount it cost to purchase these items have been meet, then that amount will be deducted from the total income and the remaining balance will be given to some lucky person who bid on any/all the items. Just for bidding and you are the lucky winner, you are guaranteed a minimum of $25.00 even if I have to pay it!!!!
2) It has been requested to have a “CALCUTTA” race. This is where people buy a particular racer in a particular class and if that racer wins, then the buyer wins the pot including what they bought in for. As of now, the 100cc Controlled I class on Saturday has been suggested. I will talk to people Thursday nite thru Friday morning to see if there is interest.September 22, 2014 at 8:16 am #34225
1) How is the grid line-up determined ? By draw. Draw a number per class and line-up is determined from low – high number. Noon each day is the deadline to enter and draw. After noon, you go behind those who drew in the order you entered.
2) Are dual/4 wheel brakes required ? Above 100cc stock (A-limited – up for both sprint and laydown). The break teather is not mandatory at this time.
3) How do the shifters start ? Standing Formula 1 style start. We pre-grid them back a ways and start them and they pull down to the flagman. Once last kart stops, the flagman gives them all a signal then raises the flag. 10 secs later he drops the flag and first class leaves when multiple classes are running together. He does the same 10 sec flag for the remaining classes as well.
All other classes do the normal Lemans standing start.
4) Is practice split into groups ? Only if needed. This is determined of the amount of traffic. Has been done both ways. FYI, We will have 2 sessions Sat/Sun for Jrs. (8-11) and the Animals. Normally the first session is 1/2 way through practice and second one is at the end of practice. Friday will be the same but will give the Jrs. & Animals 4 sessions most likely.
5) Transponders available to rent ? YES. $10.00 for the weekend.
6) Is there pump gas with no ethanol available ? Yes. There is a HY VEE located at 29th & Wannamaker which is on the N.W. side of Topeka where most of the motels and easting establishments are located. I have a co-worker looking for other stations and will post them what he finds out which will probably be Mon or Tues.September 22, 2014 at 7:53 am #34223
I vote it to be a Piston Port laydown class rather it be medium or heavy.
Lindsay is coming and who wouldn’t want to run against her????? FAST, PRETTY!!!
Latest Forum Topics
Horstman HDC-5 Dry Clutch Drums And Gears, Tomar Dry Clutch
by greg seep
1 hour, 25 minutes ago
Switching Between LO206 and World Formula
by Anthony Upjohn
2 hours, 7 minutes ago
Bridgestone rear TAG tires NEW!
by Ivan Duarte
2 hours, 30 minutes ago
Another "new karter, help me" post :)
by Shannon Rogers
36 minutes ago
by patrick hubbell
3 hours, 37 minutes ago
Haase Edox 15 dd2 chassis
8 hours, 30 minutes ago