WKA

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Baldus 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joshua Guiher
    Participant

Anyone know what is going on with WKA? The website rarely gets updates. Go ahead and try to find a schedule on there.

Are they getting to the point where they will shut down soon or do they just not believe in running a proper website?

David Cole
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

WKA is going through a transition period right now, with the President and other personal stepping down. We are hoping to have an interview with new President John Ferris in the near future.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Joshua Guiher
    Participant

Wow, didn’t realize that happened. Alright, I’ll hope they get up to speed here soon.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

One thing for sure, if John Ferris is involved it’s going to be a good deal.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Steve Baker
    Participant

Some updated WKA information can be seen on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Karting-Association/328200929432

James McMahon
    Participant

Frankly I dont remember their site being updated regularly even before the board shakeup. Usually you’d find out about something from EKN first.

John Mulvihill
    Participant

I believe that Keith Shampine may have left WKA (second hand, unconfirmed, info), so I’m not sure who is left to update anything.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

I have heard WKA has hired someone to run the office very recently, so that should be taking shape. Give it some time.
    And I’ve also heard someone representing WKA has been to Bowling Green this week to look over the Corvette Museum facility.
    Both are pretty reliable.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication