Home Forums Road Racing WKA Road Race Schedule for 2018

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly Read 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

WKA released the 2018 National Road Race Series schedule for 2018.

• Dec. 27-30   Daytona.
    • Mar. 9-11      Roebling
    • May 4-6        AMP
    • June 1-3       Summit Point
    • July 20-22   VIR
    • Aug. 10-12    Heartland Park
    • Nov.9-11       NCM (GN)

Check the WKA  website for other details.

Have a good day folks,

Clark Gaynor Sr.

WKA NRRC member.

WKC Board member.

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

What layout will the NCM nov race be?

Jeremy Baldi

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

I really don’t know.  I would imagine KART and WKA together will make the call on that one.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Clark Sr.

Bob Kurkowski
    Participant

Clark,

Is the Summit Point race going to be on the new pavement ?

Bob K.

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Sure is!  The WKC board has it’s all day meeting at Summit Point on November 18th.  They’ve invited one of us to bring a kart along and turn a couple laps on the new surface.  We’re very much looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Clark.

Bob Kurkowski
    Participant

Clark,

Looking forward to your track review.

May have to make it over.

Bob K.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Being that myself will be representing KART and Robby Harper will be representing WKA for the 2 WKA/KART 2018 combined events, I assure you that it will be just like or even better than we did 2 years ago at NCM. Those who were there then and the afterwards comments posted, all were very pleased!! You can expect the same in 2018. Having THE KING (Robby/apprentice) working with THE MAN (ME/professor), I will say that we do a great job as a TEAM to make it happen for ALL racers!!!

As for the track layout to be ran at NCM, we plan to run the same layout as 2 years ago. Is there something there I need to know about?

We will be starting to put together the event schedule shortly. If you have some thoughts as far as classes, PLZ let me know. I can be contacted at Kelly.read@westarenergy.com or 316-218-3645 (C).

I’m here to promote ROAD RACING, not get into the politics with either organization so I ask you to HELP me make our events a success by giving me positive feedback and suggestions!!

THE MAN

Chuck Bunnell
    Participant

I’d be curious to know who is hosting what event.

David Cole
    Keymaster

WKA
    Southern Kart Club
    WKA
    WKC
    WKC
    KART
    WKA/KART

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Kelly,

I was asking about layout because the track has multiple options.  A few years ago DKC/AKRA and than WKA/KART both ran the west circuit.   That is a very fun layout and I would be more than happy to run it again.

But the grand course looks like it would awesome.  But I know cost would be much more because the amount of corner workers needed would be about double.  The grand max straight looks like it would fun track too and would a few less corners workers than the grand course.

No matter the layout thanks for putting on the event.

Jeremy Baldi

Kelly Read
    Participant

Jeremy,

Got ya now!!! Just wanted to make sure something wasn’t wrong at NCM.

You are correct on the cost for running what we would call the WHOLE track vs either the West or the East circuit. I know everyone I had talked to, liked the West circuit we ran 2 years ago. I have heard from groups who have ran both circuits, prefer the West. Who knows, maybe in the future if everything works out, we could run the full course.

Just to clarify, KART/MARRS will be hosting the HPT event with myself as the race director. WKA will be hosting the NCM event with Robby and his group putting it on. At both events, I and Robby will be the co- race directors at the other organizations event just like we did at NCM 2 years ago.

With these 2 tracks chosen for the combined events, everyone should enjoy the facilities at each track.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication