Home Forums General Karting Discussion Who makes the aftermarket 08 Leopard Clutch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stu Hayner 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jack Click
    Participant

I was wondering if anybody knew what company or companies make the aftermarket clutch for the 3 hole 08 Leopard Clutch. I would love to try to cut out the middle man on what I consider price gouging.

Stu Hayner
    Participant

Jack,

Are you talking about the clutch itself or the three bolt drive gear? (10T / 11T, etc)

Stu

Jack Click
    Participant

I am talking about the Clutch itself.

Stu Hayner
    Participant

Ok, I understand. I’ve got a few of the original and aftermarket drive gears, but I’ve never heard of a aftermarket Leopard clutch. There’s been a few companies that made “aftermarket” clutches for other brands of engines in the past, but because of politics and rules, we couldn’t use them for racing.

Because the 08 Leopard has lost its popularity (read politics and rules) I’m sure anybody that did make an aftermarket clutch, would be sitting on scrap right now.

If you’re trying to save money, you may be able to get your old ones re – lined. (Too much hassle for most people).

Good luck

Stu

Jack Click
    Participant

Stu, I have seen them on the Italian Motor site in the aftermarket section and other sites but what you said is a great idea. Yes I am trying to save money and that’s why I think the price for what some sites ask for and aftermarket clutch that is on it’s way out is ridiculous. With your idea of getting them re-lined do you or anyone else know of a place that does this? You know how it is, any money saved can go for more fuel, parts and FUN! Thank you

Stu Hayner
    Participant

Jack,

Been away from EKN for a bit – sorry. I would think any local brake relining company could do it.

Also, just post on EKN for good used or even new clutches that someone doesn’t need, would be the best bet.

I’ve run Leopard clutches for 2-3 years w/o issues. In the long run, they aren’t THAT expensive

Stu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication