Home Forums Shifter Karts Who knows the brand of this engine

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Kozakowski 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Peter De Saegher
    Participant

Hello shifters ,   Does somebody knows the brand of this engine. There are no names or signs on the engine.

Thanks

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Looks like something old European from Pavesi, Parilla, May be Rotax?

Greg Wright
    Participant

Not sure of brand but considering the rotary valve intake it must be a Formula C engine from the late 90s early 2000s.

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

I agree, Formula C with the rotary induction.  Could be from a bit earlier than that, Greg.

I ran TM’s, and by the mid-90′s, most of the head designs were going to a more rounded shape, like the TM KV95, compared to the previous generation like the TM KV92 that had more of a square head shape, like we see in the picture.

That said, all I remember from the pre-KV95 days was TM and Pavesi.  Once the KV95 came out, there seemed to be a lot more options – Vortex, CRS, KZH…  Could be that they came into the game with an older head design?  I don’t remember anymore.

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

Mind you, I think some, like CRS, only made a reed valve FC engine, not a rotary.

Peter De Saegher
    Participant

After houres of googeling I found this pictures,it’s not 100% the same but I’m on the right track now !
    Thanks for your answers

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

That could even be a real old reed valve.  Look up the TM KL.   It’s the predecessor to the K7 reed, which was the first shifter I had (and still have one in the garage).  The KL was a reed with intake on the side of the case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.