Home Forums General Karting Discussion which tillett seat should i get?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dave Cabansay
    Participant

my kart seat recently just broke.. went to the tillett website and there are so many options.! planning on buying 3 (different stiffness ones) but i have no idea which one is the best to buy. which one should i get? im leaning onto the t11 seats. im racing a senior rotax, weigh 165 lbs, 5’7″, and using a 30/32mm chassis.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

T11 is a great all-around choice that’s very popular.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Have you sat in a ribtec?

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Dave Cabansay
    Participant

no i haven’t. are they any good? do you recommend? most people at my track use tillett, or imaf. like tj said, the tillett t11’s are very popular.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Unless you have rib problems, I would suggest going with a standard seat. The Ribtect felt very stiff when I was using it.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Dave Cabansay
    Participant

aha i see. tillett t11 it is for me then. thanks for the replies

Walt Gifford
    Participant

I use to have a Tillet seat now I have a permanent back problem. Nagging scar tissue where the rib meets the back bone. Do the math, 5 turns 10 laps 5 track sessions 15 races a season that’s 3,750 punches to one rib. Hope the tillet fits you better than it fit me.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication