--> Where do Karts go to Die? – eKartingNews

Home Forums General Karting Discussion Where do Karts go to Die?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  John Matthews 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Do you think a kart can be so worn out that no part of it is worth saving? What happens to a kart that is completely shot. Do they end up in the back of someones basement or back yard, do they go to the junk yard? There must be a ton of karts out there somewhere rusting.

Gif

James McMahon
    Participant

I think its a great question and I’ve often wondered myself. I guess most endup buried in garages. Shame in many ways as they could be given to schools, youth programs and soforth and have a new lease of life.

Roberto Perez
    Participant

There is a 1997 PCR somewhere in the attic in my garage, probably has spider webs …

Jean-Paul
    Participant

How about an iRacing Frame. I’m looking for an old trashed out frame that I can blast, paint and mount some monitors on. It’d be perfect.

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

We usually sell them before they’re  junk.  But my son converted an old shifter chassis into a bomb proof yard kart, with a Honda 4 stoke on it.  Can’t break a racing chassis in the back yard!!  I almost feel sorry for it, but it does NOT break—and you can get parts for it!

The Play Station/IRacing seat idea has some merit.  But even a bare frame isn’t light or easy to store.  I think some of the purpose built game chairs might be a better buy, AND they’re all ready to go.

Just sayen’

Sr.

Gary Smith
    Participant

Well, this brings up a sore subject. I gladly threw my 2003 Biesse B3  away after only 25 hours on the chassis. It broke at the rear bearing hangers on both sides of the frame rails. Of course I stripped it of all valuable hardware except that vulnerable lower steering shaft bearing that would wear out after 3 hours of use and is different than any kart made. I did manage to retro-fit the 50mm axle rear brake assembly onto a 40mm axle kart.

Gary

Honda CR80 #55

Russ Kemple
    Participant

We would gladly take your old kart for an Arrive and Drive kart at Mid-State Kart Club.

We also re-cycle trophies.  If you have boxes of old trophies in your attic or garage, we would like to have them.   Russ Kemple – Mid-State Kart Club

Lawrence Doty
    Participant

Donated a couple of cadet chassis’s to the local club for Arrive-n-drive.

Traded an old Emmick to another forum member so he could fix it up and hang it on the wall. I got an old LTO kart that I wish I had more time for…

Currently run another old Emmick just for fun in the 4cycle class at the track.

John Matthews
    Participant

I think they mostly go to guys who think it’s a good idea to put some giant motorcycle engine on them….

Some people shouldn’t be allowed to reproduce.

Cheers,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.