--> What do I have here? – ekartingnews

Home Forums General Karting Discussion What do I have here?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Zahorski 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

nospaces
    Participant

I have acquired a CRG kart.  It was allegedly only ridden once and as you can see, it has been collecting dust since.  Obviously, it’s a CRG, but I don’t know anything about the model or age.  Can anyone tell me what this is and what it might be worth?  Thanks in advance.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Looks like it’s worth a good cleaning. Check the data plate on the cross rail behind the seat.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Yeah, there’s a homologation tag at the rear cross member bar behind the seat, it should tell you the year and model.

By the description on the pictures looks to be a mid 2004 to 2008 , and it is a Cadet Kart ( Junior ) And the engine I just can’t tell if it’s a Rotax, or a Gazele.

A good cleaning, hoping that the hydraulic brake system works, or a good rebuilding of the brakes, and hoping the engine runs flowlessly may be worth anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500 for the right buyer (but nobody runs that engine anymore) And for a quick sale may go for $800 to $900

Or you might be able to part it out, but I’m not sure what your plans are, just trying to answer your question. Anyhow hope this helps.

nospaces
    Participant

Thanks for the input.  Those responses both help.  I’ll take a look at the tag.  (Anyone else, feel free to chime in.)

nospaces
    Participant

The tag reads:

<span style=”font-family: gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”> CRG New Age / MKT</span><br style=”font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, sans;” /><span style=”font-family: gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>18/TM/09 N. 0118 DT 60 M</span>

Below are a few more photos, including the engine.  Any additional input would be greatly appreciated.

nospaces
    Participant

Here’s a hopefully more readable version of the tag text:

CRG New Age / MKT

18/TM/09 N. 0118 DT 60 M

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Yup

It’s a 2009 CRG New Age, Cadet kart. Time to clean it up, bring it up to safety and put it to a good use. I don’t know who runs that engine anymore, but it may be a blast for a little kid to use at an open practice track day.

nospaces
    Participant

Looks like the market is maybe 650-850?

Michael Zahorski
    Participant

The engine is a Rotax. I know for sure that it is not a Gazelle because our track has been running the Gazelle and it’s what we had on my daughter’s kart.  There should also be an identification tag/stamp on the motor somewhere.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ekartingnews