Home Forums General Karting Discussion Wesley Boswell Involved in Car Accident – In stable condition

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  David Cole 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

Hello EKN readers,

It’s been a rough week for the karting community, there is no doubt, and I’m sad to let everyone know that Wesley Boswell in currently in stable condition in the hospital after being involved in a car accident yesterday. Wesley’s injuries are significant, include broken ribs and his pelvis, among other issues. We’re been told by sources close to Wesley that he is in stable condition and that they will be running more tests today.

Folks, please keep Wesley in your thoughts and pray for his quick recovery. We’ll be providing updates as we receive them.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

This is horrible to hear. Wes is such a great dude, hope everything comes out okay. Get better soon pal.

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

UPDATE!

I just got off the phone with Sandra Booher, who is with Wesley along with her son Austin Elliott and Wesley’s family. She’s going to get signed up to the forum so she can post updates, but in the meantime, she contacted us directly.

She let me know that Wesley was involved in an car accident late last night in California, having went off the road, eventually hitting a tree. He has broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. There is some concern regarding internal bleeding, but the doctors are running tests and monitoring him closely.

Sandra told me that Wesley is stable and doing better. He is conscious and coherent, and is speaking with everyone, but he’s a little foggy due to the meds and doesn’t remember much about last night. It is expected that he will be in the hospital for a couple of days. We’ll get additional updates as they become available.

Wesley will be on the sidelines on the mend for some time, so we are now in the process of putting together a fundraising effort to help support his loss of income. We’ll get this information out once it’s finalized.

Sandra also wanted everyone to know that the family is overwhelmed by the outpouring of well wishes. Keep them coming, folks, so Wesley know that we’re by his side through this!

lynn haddock
    Participant

Hang tough Homie ~!

get well soon ~!

kurt rodgers
    Participant

hope everything goes well.

I went to school with a person named Wesley Boswell. He was from Illinois at the time. Would there be any coincidence that this person also have been from Illinois in his youth?

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

hope everything goes well.

I went to school with a person named Wesley Boswell. He was from Illinois at the time. Would there be any coincidence that this person also have been from Illinois in his youth?

I don’t think so, Kurt. Wesley’s a NorCal native, I think.

Jordon Musser
    Participant

Whoa, keep us posted! Get well soon, Wes!

David Cole
    Keymaster

A message from Karen Boswell:

Wally and I want to Thank the karting community for your prayers, love and support. Wes is in stable condition in Roseville . Notable improvements since last night when airlifted in, and meeting all challenges as the champ he is. Words can not express how grateful we are.

Sandra Booher
    Participant

Yesterday, January 2nd at 4:30 p.m. Wesley Boswell was involved in a bad car accident on Hwy 49 near Placerville, CA. His car left the road at a hairpin turn, traveling down a steep hillside and hitting a tree. The impact was significant and Wes was pinned in the car. The Fire Dept. used the Jaws of Life to cut him out of his car and he was air lifted to an Intensive care/Trauma Center near Sacramento. Wes has several injuries including some head injury, 6 broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. Last night we did not know what the outcome would be for Wes, it’s been a very sad and stressful time. After seeing the wreckage of his car today, I know for a fact that God had a hand in saving his life. The doctors and nurses have been working with him, running tests and x-rays to get a handle on his condition. Today, Wes has been talking with us and tonight he was eating. The pain meds are helping him and he is resting in comfort. Wes is a strong man and we believe he will recover faster than most. He is aware of the outpouring of love and support from our karting family and we are beyond appreciative. All of your messages are comforting to us during this time. We love you all and thank you. Sandra

Dan Schlosser
    Participant

Get better soon Wes – we’ll be thinking of you.

Rene Martinelli
    Participant

David or Rob do you know what hospital in Roseville is Wes?

i now live in Roseville and would like to go visit him and offer support to him and his family.

Sandra Booher
    Participant

Today, Wes is still in the Trauma/Intensive care unit. He is pretty well sedated, on heavy pain meds. to make it easier for him to exercise his lungs. We were informed this morning he actually has 7 broken ribs on the same side so exercising his lungs is a painful task. We all know how Wes is though and he is doing great trying to master the art of using the breathing machine to get full benefit.  Tests are on-going and not a lot of change. Baby steps. At this time, Visitors are not encouraged as Wes is in the ICU and needs his rest. I will continue to update each day to let you know when he is in a regular room. thank you for continuing to send your support messages to him. You are all so much appreciated.  Sandra

David Cole
    Keymaster

Wes continues to stay in the ICU trauma unit. He got a lot of much needed sleep which we have been told is going to be KEY to his injuries healing. He continues to want to hear posts from everybody when he is up to it. His appetite has continued to increase which we’ve been told is a big plus. He gets a lot of energy from hearing everyone posts in little bits. Please keep them coming. Visits are limited by hospital.

Roger Ruthhart
    Participant

Hang tough Wes. Best wishes from all of us in Rock Island!!

David Cole
    Keymaster

Here is information about a fund to help with loss of income and medical bills: HERE

Ben Beasley
    Participant

Get well soon Wes. Best wishes and prayers from the Pops Beasley, and our whole family. Hope to see you soon!!!

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

Thanks to everyone who is supporting Wesley on the fundraiser site. It’s incredible to see. I’m sure than Sandra will give us a new update soon.

http://www.gofundme.com/62fr7g

David Cole
    Keymaster

Another message from Karen Boswell:

Wesley continues to stay in the Trauma ICU working on his recovery. He has been working with a IS machine to excersise his lung The staff and nurses have taken quite a liking to him and he is remembering most of their names. When one of his nurses explained how high he had to get the meter to go, his response was, well, what the best record? Wes is sure making it fun for the nurses.

The Medical Fund is nearly up to $20,000 in just two days after looking to reach $15,000. Notable names such as Michael McDowell and Jamie McMurray have lend their support, along with many within the karting family from coast to coast, including members from Canada. Thank you to everyone that has sent in their donation and moral support for Wes and the Boswell family.

David Cole
    Keymaster

A message from Sandra Booher Wednesday:

Hi everyone! sending you an update on Wes, he is working hard at recovery from his injuries. He is still in Intensive Care/Trauma unit and his condition continues to change hourly. Some times are better than others. Good news he is starting therapy so it’s still really important to give him quiet time to rest and sleep in between the sessions. It’s important to continue to hold off on visits. As soon as he is transferred from the ICU, Karen and I will update you about visits. With all the flu and colds going around, it would be devastating for him to catch something with a rack of broken ribs. We continue to be in awe of the support you all are giving to Wes. We love you all.

The Medical Fund is now over $20,000 and continues to grow. Thank you to the entire karting family.

David Cole
    Keymaster

From Rob Howden:

Just chatted with Wally Boswell, and he let me know that Wesley is doing well, and has been transferred OUT of ICU! It’s still a long road ahead, but he’s getting there. Wesley Boswell is strong and is bouncing back quickly. Please keep him in your thoughts. The fund raising effort has been amazing, and I want to thank everyone who has stepped up to make sure this accident doesn’t have the impact that it could. Now that Wesley is on the mend, the family will be working to figure out the extent that his health coverage will cover it all. Stay tuned folks!
    http://www.gofundme.com/62fr7g

David Cole
    Keymaster

UPDATE! Wesley Boswell was moved yesterday to an acute rehabilitation ward. It is a unit with patients that HAVE TO HAVE CALM AND QUIET. At different intervals he is going to be learning to move with his injuries gently in order for everything to come back 100% They limit his family visits in order to not overdo. It has been a very trying time for the family, but the love and support of all our friends, and the GO KARTING COMMUNITY especially, has brought tears to our eyes and helped our coping process in going forward. God has held all our hands this week in his promising to be there when these life challenges appear. We love you all and Thank you in your continued patience, love and support. As soon as Wes is allowed visitors we will post it.
    Love * Thanks,
    The Wesley Boswell Family

David Cole
    Keymaster

Update from Sandra Booher

Wes is doing good. He is in therapy sessions each day at the hospital Rehab wing, trying to excel his recovery so he can get released to leave the hospital soon and work on getting back to his life. They took his wheel chair and walker away today and are working with him walking on his own without them. He still has pain, of course! but things are really looking up. I think the plan is to release him this week some time but I’m not positive what day. He is going stir crazy, lol

David Cole
    Keymaster

Update from Sandra Booher

Great News to report!!!! Wes was released this evening from the hospital. We are all so happy and of course he is very happy to be home. Exactly two weeks ago at the exact minutes his life flight helicopter landed on the roof of Sutter Trauma Medical center, was the exact same time he left the hospital tonight. Weird huh? He’s doing good but will have some recovery time to go through and I’m sure it’s going to be hard to keep him down. He’s been reading through all his messages and feeling uplifted by them. Thank you all so much for your love and support. It’s awesome to have witnessed everyone coming together so fast to give support to this great guy.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.